From press release
Written and performed by Tim Murphy – who has performed to critical acclaim in 65 theatres around the world, directed by Fringe veteran Johnny Walker (Red Headed Step Child) and dramaturged by the award-winning TJ Dawe (One Man Star Wars) – Blind to Happiness tells the story of a college drop-out who appears happy on the outside but is secretly afraid of turning into his blind, diabetic father.
As Murphy brings multiple characters to life in this tour de force performance, the audience is asked “Is happiness really a choice?”
- Thursday June 30th, 10:30 pm
- Sunday July 3rd, 06:15 pm
- Monday July 4th, 01:00 pm
- Tuesday July 5th, 02:15 pm
- Wednesday July 6th, 03:30 pm
- Friday July 8th, 09:45 pm
- Saturday July 9th, 07:30 pm
- Blind to Happiness plays at the Annex Theatre. (736 Bathurst St)
- Tickets are $10 at the door, $12 in advance. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Fringe Club at Honest Ed’s Alley, and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Content Warning: Mature Language.
- This venue is wheelchair-accessible provided you arrive early (at least ~20 minutes) and notify the House Manager you require an accessible route.
Photo of Tim C. Murphy by Krysten Koehn