From press release
False Start by Nicole Hrgetic tells the story of a couple and their struggle for survival. In the aftermath of a recent miscarriage, Zoey and Jake begin to pick up the pieces and strive to gain a sense of normalcy. Interrupted by glimpses of the couple’s humorously humble beginnings, this drama-comedy hybrid showcases the troubles of learning how to live after loss, and laugh through the letdowns.
Mani Eustis is directing False Start in this year’s Toronto Fringe Festival. Mani directed the original workshop production of False Start at the Ryerson New Voices Festival last year. Since then, she has directed a successful run of Matt and Ben, critics agreed the show was both creative and hilarious.
False Start features a cast of four actors. Andrea Brown and Andrew Knowlton play the couple at their present stage in life. Elizabeth Adams and Dylan Evans play their early counterpart.
- Thursday June 30th, 10:00 pm
- Saturday July 2nd, 07:30 pm
- Sunday July 3rd, 12:00 pm
- Monday July 4th, 01:00 pm
- Wednesday July 6th, 04:30 pm
- Friday July 8th, 11:00 pm
- Saturday July 9th, 07:00 pm
- False Start plays at the St. Vladimir Institute. (620 Spadina Ave)
- Tickets are $10 at the door, $12 in advance. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Fringe Club at Honest Ed’s Alley, and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Content Warnings: Mature Language, Sexual Content.
- This venue is wheelchair-accessible.