“[T]the love child Star Wars and Dr. Horrible should’ve had.”
Excerpt from press release:
ATTN: Whedonites, Whovians, Trekkies, Rebel Fighters, & Everyone in Between!!! What do epic battles, a robot with a secret crush, and an ass-kicking space-pirate add up to? Hint: it’s the love child Star Wars and Dr. Horrible should’ve had.
In THE PIRATE QUEEN OF THE STARS, YOU WILL…
- See a live-action space battle between a real Pirate Queen, a space dictator wannabe… and a philandering starship captain!
- Be serenaded by a robot as it discovers human love!
- Celebrate geek culture! Curse the patriarchy! Come explore outer space with us!
The Pirate Queen of the Stars is the next Megan Phillips & Peter Cavell collaboration. After the
breakthrough success of PEOPLE SUCK (Ed Mirvish Entepreneurial Award, Patron’s Pick, Best of
Fringe), Meg ‘n’ Pete return with their next hit: a high-concept sci-fi musical comedy!
Fri, July 1 – 7:00pm
Sat, July 2 – 11:00pm
Mon, July 4 – 3:15pm
Tues, July 5 – 8:15pm
Wed, July 6 – 5:15pm
Fri, July 8 – 1:45pm
Sat, July 9 – 5:45pm
Venue: Factory Theatre Mainspace
- Tickets for all Fringe productions are $10, $12 in advance. Tickets can be purchased online, by phone (416-966-1062, business hours only), in-person from the festival box office located in the parking lot behind Honest Ed’s, (581 Bloor West), or — if any remain — from the venue box office (cash-only), starting one hour before showtime.
- The festival offers a range of money-saving passes for committed Fringers; see website for details.
- Be advised that Fringe shows always start exactly on time, and latecomers are never admitted.
Photos by Paul Aihoshi, Design by Jon Blair.