From press release
RATED R is a potent, socially charged double bill that challenges social perceptions. Conceived and choreographed by Aria Evans, these physically dynamic works are relevant, timely and raw. Aria’s work at last year’s SummerWorks (Desiccated) was applauded for ‘its powerful message and flawless execution…(an) all-time favourite SummerWorks dance production.” (Mooney on Theatre).
RATED R features two new works: the duet RElaps (performed by Jesse Dell and Irvin Chow) gives us a glimpse, on an interpersonal level, into the cyclical patterns that two people can find themselves returning to. RElaps serves as a counterpoint to, and microcosm of, RANKED: a sextet (performed by Jasmyn Fyffe, Peter Kelly, Pulga Muchochoma, Kassi Scott, Mateo Galindo Torres and Kathia Wittenborn) that investigates the assumptions we make in society about who has power and privilege.
Aria Evans leads this incredibly diverse team of world class artists, drawing on her training and experiences as a woman of mixed race (Mi’kmaq/African/British) to capture meaningful social and cultural themes through her work. The production team also includes Julia Sasso, as outside eye, and Andy Moro as Lighting Designer.
- Friday July 1st, 03:30 pm
- Sunday July 3rd, 08:45 pm
- Monday July 4th, 12:45 pm
- Wednesday July 6th, 05:45 pm
- Thursday July 7th, 03:30 pm
- Friday July 8th, 11:00 pm
- Sunday July 10th, 07:00 pm
- RATED R plays at the Randolph Theatre. (736 Bathurst St)
- Tickets are $10 at the door, $12 in advance. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Fringe Club at Honest Ed’s Alley, and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- This venue is wheelchair-accessible through a ramp at the building’s northwest corner. Please arrive early and ask to speak with the House Manager.
Photo of Kathia Wittenborn, Pulga Muchochoma, Kassi Scott and Peter Kelly by Aria Evans