Avast, ye swabs! Therrrrrrrre be pirrrrrates and plunder at the Georrrrrrge Ignatieff Theatrrrrrrrre!
From press release:
The buzz is growing for “Pirates Don’t Babysit!” At the Toronto FringeKids Festival. With one performance already sold out, it is sure to be a FringeKids audience favourite. Tickets are available now, so don’t miss out.
“Pirates Don’t Babysit!” tells the story of 9 year old Jenny and a band of Pirates who show up at her door, looking for buried treasure. She agrees to help them if they help take care of her baby sister. Of course the bumbling Pirates mess everything up, but finally manage to succeed in making the baby happy. In fact, in the end, the baby helps them and their treasure! This hilarious, rollicking show is fun for the whole family.
The rowdy band of Pirates will be played by Carl Bauer, Jamie Johnson, Jesse Perreault and Hilary Wilson. The Mom will be played by Carina Cojeen, and the part of the “baby” will be played by Jaclyn Nobrega. Cristina Hernandez is the stage manager and Jenny will be played by actual 9 year old Olivia Harms!
Playwright Barb Scheffler and director Michael Harms have written and produced several shows together including “Road to Muskoka” at the Toronto Fringe, “Marjorie’s Wedding” an interactive musical comedy, and most recently “Chelsea Moor Castle (or the Contract to Marry)” – a new Gilbert and Sullivan operetta with an original book and new lyrics created for the North Toronto Players 50th anniversary. With “Pirates Don’t Babysit!” they get to indulge their life-long love of all things Pirate!
- Pirates Don’t Babysit! plays at the George Ignatieff Theatre. (15 Devonshire Pl)
- Tickets for FringeKids shows are $5 for kids (age 12 and younger); adults pay $10 at the door or $12 in advance.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Fringe Club at Honest Ed’s Alley, and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- The George Ignatieff Theatre is wheelchair-accessible, and has wide aisles for easy mid-show exits.
- Don’t miss the FringeKids club located on the lawn adjacent to the venue! Free activities for children (3-12) and caregivers run every day of the festival: see website for details.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Wednesday June 29th, 02:30 pm
- Friday July 1st, 03:15 pm
- Sunday July 3rd, 10:00 am
- Tuesday July 5th, 11:30 am
- Wednesday July 6th, 04:15 pm
- Saturday July 9th, 01:30 pm
- Sunday July 10th, 02:30 pm
Production photograph provided by the company.