Energetic, Spontaneous Shakespeare BASH’d say Farewell to Fringe with A Comedy of Errors
From Press Release:
After four sold-out years at the Toronto Fringe, Shakespeare BASH’d, Toronto’s best-loved independent Shakespeare company, is back for one final festival and they’re going out with a bang. This exciting production of The Comedy of Errors is a party, and Toronto’s amazing Fringe audiences are the guests of honour. Fresh off a hugely successful, sold-out 2015/2016 season, Shakespeare BASH’d is ready to launch into the next chapter with this fast-paced, hilarious production. Come help us bid farewell to The Victory Café and the Toronto Fringe in the best way we know how: a huge, fun, Shakespeare bash!
Company favourite Julia Nish-Lapidus takes the director’s chair, leading a stellar cast of actors from across the Toronto theatre scene. Kelly Penner (Shaw Festival, Mirvish Productions, St. Lawrence Shakespeare Festival) plays both Antipholus of Ephesus AND Antipholus of Syracuse, opposite Tim Welham (This Is Where We Live, SummerWorks 2015; King John & Edward II, Shakespeare BASH’d; Crookback, Edmonton Fringe) as Dromio of Ephesus AND Dromio of Syracuse. You can bet Shakespeare BASH’d will make the most of this bold, ambitious casting choice with more of the fun, clear, text-driven work audiences have come to expect from this company. The cast is rounded out with more company members audiences have loved in previous Shakespeare BASH’d productions: Suzette McCanny plays Adrianna, David Ross plays Angelo, and David Mackett is Egeon, with Nish-Lapidus joining them as Aemelia, the Abbess.
The Comedy of Errors is a veritable greatest hits of Shakespeare’s best comedic moves: love, revenge, duels, mistaken identity, reunions, confusions, and not one, but TWO sets of twins. You don’t want to miss this surefire hit!
- The Comedy of Errors plays at Victory Cafe. (518 Markham St)
- Tickets are $10 at the door, $12 in advance. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Fringe Club at Honest Ed’s Alley, and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Friday July 1st, 07:00 pm
- Saturday July 2nd, 05:00 pm
- Saturday July 2nd, 09:00 pm
- Sunday July 3rd, 05:00 pm
- Tuesday July 5th, 07:00 pm
- Wednesday July 6th, 07:00 pm
- Thursday July 7th, 07:00 pm
- Friday July 8th, 07:00 pm
- Saturday July 9th, 07:00 pm
- Sunday July 10th, 05:00 pm