When the projector breaks down, these talented improvisers are left with a question: what happens next? (What should have happened?)
From press release:
THAT’S HOW I REMEMBER IT is a full movie theatre experience. Ushers will guide you to your seats, you’ll laugh out loud at ridiculous movie trivia before the show, see hilarious coming attractions, then settle in to enjoy your favourite movie. All in all, celebrated Toronto comedy troupe The Nice Guys think they’ve found a foolproof way to make The Toronto Fringe Festival easy on themselves…until their film projector breaks.
Faced with an audience to whom they’ve promised a famous film, The Nice Guys find themselves armed with nothing but their wits and creativity. Luckily they also have microphones, sound effects, and the help of famous comedian friends. Together they’ll turn their loose recollections of what MIGHT have happened in the movie into the silliest radio-play you can imagine.
Voted one of the top 10 podcasts of 2015 by Blog.to, the hit internet radio-play THAT’S HOW I REMEMBER IT is now a Fringe show! Join veteran improvisers and comedians as they re-imagine and probably ruin your favourite film.
They’ll turn the movie you suggest into a made-up comedy radio-play on the spot. Every show is a different movie and every show they’re joined by a different comedy legend as their guest!
Special guests include Colin Mochrie (Whose Line is it Anyway?), Ken Hall (2-MAN NO-SHOW), Marty Adams (The Second City Project), Paloma Nuñez (Toronto, I Love You), Ashley Botting (One Night Only), Paul Bates (Dan for Mayor), and Kayla Lorette (The Second City Project)
- That’s How I Remember It plays at the Al Green Theatre. (750 Spadina Ave)
- Tickets are $10 at the door, $12 in advance. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Fringe Club at Honest Ed’s Alley, and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Content Warning: Mature Language.
- This venue is wheelchair-accessible. Use the elevator at the Spadina entrance.
- Friday July 1st, 04:45 pm
- Saturday July 2nd, 07:00 pm
- Sunday July 3rd, 08:30 pm
- Monday July 4th, 10:15 pm
- Wednesday July 6th, 03:30 pm
- Friday July 8th, 12:30 pm
- Saturday July 9th, 11:30 pm