Before the start of the Toronto Fringe Festival we told you about some of the shows that were most popular amongst our staff. Then, after reviewing all 148 shows in this year’s festival we shared our list of the shows we recommend.
Now it’s your turn; we reveal the list of our readers’ most buzzed about shows based on the popularity of their Mooney on Theatre reviews. So here’s the list of the top ten (ish) most-read Fringe reviews on Mooney on Theatre this year**:
1. Crux (Sky Above Us)
2. Bright Lights (Theatre Brouhaha)
3. The Fence (Edge of the Sky Theatre)
4. The Stage Manager’s Guide to Dating Assholes (What She Said Theatre)
5. Life After (The Life After Collective)
6. Little Pricks (RUBE. CO)
7. Dance Animal: Toronto (Robin Henderson Productions)
8. Elektra (Stichomythia Theatre)
9. Cam Baby (Theatre Mischief)
10. Into (Theatre Gridlock)
The next few shows were so close in page views that we decided to give them all an honourable mention:
11. for the record (the night kitchen)
11. A Glass Hive (Randolph Academy)
11. Tonight’s Cancelled (CoWorkers)
11. Women (Martha Rose Productions Inc.)
11. Instagraham (Laugh Gallery)
Toronto Fringe Festival tickets are $12 in advance, and can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), or during the festival from the central box office located in the parking lot behind Honest Ed’s. (581 Bloor St. W., near Bathurst.)
If any tickets are left as of one hour before showtime, they are sold from the venue for $12 apiece. For FringeKids! productions (inclusive of all productions at the George Ignatieff Theatre), tickets for children are always $5. A variety of money-saving multi-show passes are also available, see website for details.
NOTE: Fringe shows always begin strictly on time, and latecomers are never admitted. Set your watch to CBC time and don’t be late.
**Most-read reviews are determined by the number of unique pageviews for the post as of July 8, 2016 at 3:00AM.
Photo by Samantha Wu