Mooney on Theatre is giving away tickets to the Wednesday, November 30, 2011, 7:30PM performance of Praxis Theatre’s Jesus Chrysler at Theatre Passe Muraille (16 Ryerson Ave.).
To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets for the Wednesday, November 30, 2011, 7:30PM performance just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Jesus Chrysler contest” by NOON on Tuesday, November 29, 2011.
See below for details about the show and contest rules:
in Association with Theatre Passe Muraille presents
Written by: Tara Beagan & Directed by: Michael Wheeler
Starring: Margaret Evans*, Aviva Armour-Ostroff* and Jeffrey Wetsch*
Produced by: Aislinn Rose
Costumes & Set Design by: Scott Penner
Sound Design by: Verne Good
Lighting Design by: David DeGrow
Stage Managed by: Dini Conte*
Assistant Director: Laura Nordin
Movement Coach: Leora Morris
*Appearing courtesy of CAEA
Legendary activist and director Eugenia “Jim” Watts and poet Dorothy Livesay are embroiled in a mix of socialist organizing, sexual relationships, theatre rehearsals, and personal betrayal…
A world premiere by Dora-Award winning playwright Tara Beagan, Jesus Chrysler is an immersive production that revolves around Toronto activist and director Eugenia “Jim” Watts and poet Dorothy Livesay. An unsung icon of 1930s Toronto theatre, Jim had her work banned by a Prime Minister before enlisting in The Spanish Civil War, becoming its sole female ambulance driver. Livesay went on to become a two-time Governor General Award winner for poetry and an Officer of The Order of Canada. Jesus Chrysler invites you to explore their complex relationship in a show that engages with and questions the intersection of art and politics.
Theatre Passe Muraille Backspace
16 Ryerson Avenue, Toronto ON
Tuesday November 29th & Wednesday November 30th: Previews – 7:30pm
Thursday December 1st: Opening Night – 7:30pm
Tuesdays through Sundays – 7:30pm
Saturday & Sunday Matinees – 2pm
Closes Sunday December 11th – 8pm
*Due to the immersive nature of this production, seating in the Backspace is limited*
- The only acceptable form of entry for the contest is by email, sent to email@example.com (Mooney on Theatre will never use your email address for anything other than to reply to the specific contest you entered, and we certainly would never sell it or anything like that)
- Entrants must be available on the day and time listed in the contest. The tickets are available for that showing only, and cannot be transferred to another date.
- The winning entrants will be chosen by a random drawing.
- Winners will be notified by email by 9pm on the day of contest closing and need to confirm their attendance 10am AT THE LATEST the following morning so that their names can be given to the theatre company for tickets to be set aside.
- Photo I.D. may be required to claim the winning tickets.
- Tickets must be picked up 60 to 30 minutes before show time at the venue box office. The box office reserves the right to release any tickets not picked up 15 minutes before show time.
- We ask that all winners provide us with a quick blurb on what they thought of the show, either in the comments section of the review once it’s been posted on Mooney on Theatre.