Mooney on Theatre is giving away tickets to the Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 9:30PM performance Potted Potter: The Unauthorized Harry Experience – A Parody by Dan and Jeff at The Panasonic Theatre (651 Yonge Street, Toronto).
To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets for the Tuesday, February 14, 2012, 9:30PM performance just send an email to: email@example.com with the subject line “Potted Potter contest” by 12 Noon on Monday, February 13, 2012.
See below for details about the show and contest rules:
Direct from London’s West End comes the hit Harry Potter comedy – Potted Potter: The Unauthorized Harry Experience – A Parody by Dan and Jeff.
This Monty Python-esque show sold out theatres across the U.K., Australia and New Zealand, and will now make its North American debut on Valentines’ Day. Extra matinee performances have been added for the Family Day long weekend. Special Birthday Party packages available.
Written and performed by Olivier Award-nominated actors Daniel Clarkson and Jefferson Turner, the play takes on the ultimate challenge of condensing, or “potting”, all seven Harry Potter books into seventy madcap minutes. The two former Children’s BBC hosts are aided by multiple costume changes, brilliant songs, ridiculous props and a generous helping of Hogwarts magic. The show also invites audiences to engage in Dan and Jeff’s own special version of a game of Quidditch.
Whether you camped outside a bookstore for three days awaiting the release of the Deathly Hallows or you don’t know the difference between a Horcrux and a Hufflepuff, the comedy, magic and mayhem of Potted Potter makes for an entertaining and hilarious visit to the theatre.
This critically acclaimed show, which has made audiences aged six to Dumbledore (who is very old indeed) roar with laughter all over the world, is suitable for the whole family, including grown-ups, Muggles and Squibs.
Like the Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/PottedPotter and tweet #PottedPotterTO.
- The only acceptable form of entry for the contest is by email, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (Mooney on Theatre will never use your email address for anything other than to reply to the specific contest you entered, and we certainly would never sell it or anything like that)
- Entrants must be available on the day and time listed in the contest. The tickets are available for that showing only, and cannot be transferred to another date.
- The winning entrants will be chosen by a random drawing.
- Winners will be notified by email by 9pm on the day of contest closing and need to confirm their attendance 10am AT THE LATEST the following morning so that their names can be given to the theatre company for tickets to be set aside.
- Photo I.D. may be required to claim the winning tickets.
- Tickets must be picked up 60 to 30 minutes before show time at the venue box office. The box office reserves the right to release any tickets not picked up 15 minutes before show time.
- We ask that all winners provide us with a quick blurb on what they thought of the show, either in the comments section of the review once it’s been posted on Mooney on Theatre.