Mooney on Theatre is giving away three pairs of tickets to the world premiere of Lisa Moore’s play February, based on the novel by the same name, on Saturday, September 22nd at 8pm at Alumnae Theatre (70 Berkeley St).
To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets just send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “February contest” by 3:00PM on Thursday, September 20, 2012.
To make this deal even sweeter, Lisa Moore’s publisher, House of Anansi Press, is also giving away one free copy of the novel to one lucky ticket winner.
See below for details about the show and how the contest works:
Based on Lisa Moore’s acclaimed novel of the same name (long-listed for the 2012 Man Booker Prize), February is the story of Helen, left a young widow with four children when her husband is killed in the Ocean Ranger oil rig disaster off Newfoundland in 1982. Twenty-seven years later, Helen still struggles to escape the memories and move forward with her life, while her son John deals with a crisis of his own. Like the novel, the play moves back and forth in time, interweaving the colours of Helen’s grief with the heart and humour of John’s fresh dilemma.
- The only acceptable form of entry for the contest is by email, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (Mooney on Theatre will never use your email address for anything other than to reply to the specific contest you entered, and we certainly would never sell it or anything like that)
- Entrants must be available on the day and time listed in the contest. The tickets are available for that showing only, and cannot be transferred to another date.
- The winning entrants will be chosen by a random drawing.
- Photo I.D. may be required to claim the winning tickets.
- Tickets must be picked up 60 to 30 minutes before show time at the venue box office. The box office reserves the right to release any tickets not picked up 15 minutes before show time.