From press release
Damon MacHavoc, a young man possessed of the alter egos of Neil Diamond and David Bowie, meets himself in a Yin vs Yang singer-slugfest at the Toronto Fringe.
Anticipated to be the fight of the festival, vintage Bowie fans are dubbing it “The Thrilla and Vanilla”, disparaging Diamond as the latter, and it is perceived by them to be a big win for the man who puts up his ‘Thin White Dukes’. Diamond supporters see it differently, believing the ‘Solitary Man’ will pack a punch hard enough that Bowie may find out if there actually is ‘Life On Mars’.
Cautions MacHavoc: “I’m putting two…no, I guess that’s three body bags backstage. Let’s hope I won’t need them.”
Whatever happens, the only guarantee is a damned good time…and it all goes down at The Tarragon
Theatre Extra Space, July1-10. Be there!
Michael Posthumus – writer, performer
Rosemary Doyle – director
Sarah Attwell – stage manager
- Friday July 1st, 06:15 pm
- Sunday July 3rd, 05:00 pm
- Monday July 4th, 02:30 pm
- Tuesday July 5th, 09:45 pm
- Thursday July 7th, 12:15 pm
- Friday July 8th, 07:30 pm
- Sunday July 10th, 05:30 pm
- Kneel! Diamond Dogs plays at the Tarragon Theatre Extraspace. (30 Bridgman Ave)
- Tickets are $10 at the door, $12 in advance. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Fringe Club at Honest Ed’s Alley, and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- This venue is wheelchair-accessible.
Photo provided by company