From Press Release
Kindling Collective proudly invites you to their Toronto Fringe Festival debut, Monsters By Nature. Monsters By Nature is a collective creation piece that takes an in depth perspective at the human capacity to commit evils and embrace their inner bestial power. Inspired by the classical tales of Frankenstein, Dracula, Quasimodo and more, you are taken on the journey of the creation of a monster. This project has been in the works for two years and has had contributions from several different creators plus numerous anonymous submissions from our online questionnaire. It features a mix of self-written material and published text, ranging from Jacobean, Elizabethan, to anonymous posts in forums found on the deep dark web.
- Monsters By Nature plays at the St. Vladimir Institute. (620 Spadina Ave.)
- Tickets are $12. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Fringe Club at Scadding Court, and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Content Warnings: Sexual Content, Mature Language.
- This venue is wheelchair-accessible through a secondary route. After the building’s business hours, a staff member will need to escort you through this route, so plan to arrive early for evening shows.
- Friday July 7th, 06:45 pm
- Sunday July 9th, 12:00 pm
- Monday July 10th, 01:00 pm
- Wednesday July 12th, 07:30 pm
- Thursday July 13th, 11:30 pm
- Friday July 14th, 08:45 pm
- Sunday July 16th, 01:00 pm
Photo of Ellie Posadas, Chelsea Woodard, Parmida Vand, Julia
Vescio, Shannon Murphy, Jillian Hanson, Lauren Pileggi by Geoff Stairs