From Press Release
Clueless Maidens? Check. Vampires? Check. A grizzled Sea Captain? Sure, why not? This
riotous puppet spoof ticks all of the Gothic boxes . You’ll be surprised that four hands held in
the air with bits of fabric on them, can produce so many laughs. A show for kids that adults will love too!
Directed by Frank Meschkuleit (My Big Fat German Puppet Show) and produced by Dan Redican (It’s Always You!) Written and performed by Madeleine Redican (“comic scene stealer” The More the Merrier …”Hilarious” Broadway World) Night at Castle Impendingdoom brings all the horror tropes out in the daylight where they don’t look one bit scary and we can all have a great big laugh – guaranteed to delight!
Dan Redican and Wiggly Dolly Productions
in association with The Toronto Fringe Festival presents
Night at Castle Impendingdoom
Written by Madeleine Redican and Clara McTeague
Directed by Frank Meschkuleit
Starring Madeleine Redican and Georgia Fourie
Puppet and Art Design by Robin Polfuss
Stage Managed by Rob Bartlett
- Night at Castle Impendingdoom plays at the George Ignatieff Theatre. (15 Devonshire Pl.)
- Tickets for Kidsfest shows are $5 for kids (age 12 and younger); adults pay $12.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Fringe Club at Scadding Court, and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- The George Ignatieff Theatre is wheelchair-accessible, and has wide aisles for easy mid-show exits.
- Don’t miss the Kidsfest club located on the lawn adjacent to the venue! Free activities for children (3-12) and caregivers run every day of the festival: see website for details.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Wednesday July 5th, 01:00 pm
- Friday July 7th, 12:15 pm
- Sunday July 9th, 03:15 pm
- Monday July 10th, 04:45 pm
- Thursday July 13th, 10:00 am
- Saturday July 15th, 11:45 am
- Sunday July 16th, 04:45 pm
Photo by Georgia Fourie