From Press Release:
CIRCUS SHOP OF HORRORS follows one ill-fated woman’s dangerous journey, navigating her way through classic moments of beloved iconic horror films retold in the present day. Fusing together an amazing variety of circus artistry with the grotesque, comedy, drag and gore, this innovative show promises to be a spectacular visual mash-up at the Toronto Fringe Festival!
The ensemble is primarily LGBTQ+, featuring creative content such as dance, aerials, illusions, and combat sequences. The production team is entirely made up of phenomenal women (still to this day a rarity in Canadian theatre). Director/Writer/Producer Justine Cargo(Tough Jews, 6-time Dora nominee; Romeo & Juliet Chainsaw Massacre, Best Of Fringe 2016), Lighting Designer Sarah Mansikka (Stratford Festival, Vancouver Opera), and Co-Producers Kelly Taylor & Melanie Pyne combine their unique specialties to bring Fringe audiences this exciting, ambitious revue! Circus Shop of Horrors is presented by Second Star Productions and sponsored by The Social Capital Theatre (NOW Magazine Best Comedy Venue 2017 Nominee).
- Circus Shop of Horrors plays at the Annex Theatre. (736 Bathurst St.)
- Tickets are $13, including a $2 service charge. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes and discounts for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Festival Box Office at Scadding Court (707 Dundas St. W.), and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Content Warning: Realistic violence or gore.
- This venue is wheelchair-accessible through a secondary route which requires a staff escort. Check in at the box office at least 15 minutes prior to showtime.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Friday July 6th, 5:15 pm
- Saturday July 7th, 11:00 pm
- Monday July 9th, 5:00 pm
- Tuesday July 10th, 2:15 pm
- Wednesday July 11th, 7:00 pm
- Thursday July 12th, 12:00 pm
- Saturday July 14th, 9:15 pm