We’re looking for two people to join us as Volunteer Assistant Editors in an internship that runs from May to December 2011.
About Mooney on Theatre
Mooney on Theatre (http://www.mooneyontheatre.com) is a recognized go-to source for information about theatre in Toronto. The fast-growing online publication focusing on theatre, was started in April 2008 with a single writer (now editor-in-chief, Megan Mooney). Since its establishment the publication has grown to include over 10 regular contributors and has an established and loyal readership.
The intern will participate in all aspects of the publication, including:
- Developing and managing the editorial calendar;
- Liaising with writers and publicists;
- Production meetings;
- Providing regular content for Mooney on Theatre;
- Researching and fact checking;
- Proofreading copy;
- Editing articles (initially shadow-editing alongside editor);
- Working on outreach (i.e. social media); and
- Providing coordination during the Toronto Fringe Festival – a particularly large project for MoT.
- Strong organization and coordination skills;
- Able to work effectively independently, and as part of a team;
- Commitment to at least 15 hours per week
- A willingness and desire to learn
To apply for the position please forward a resume and a short writing sample of no more than 400 words to the editor (email@example.com) by Friday, April 29, 2011.
Terms of the internship
Mooney on Theatre’s editorial internship is an unpaid program for candidates who are interested in working in journalism. Although geared towards those with an interest in new media and the arts, the application process is open to all candidates interested in editorial work. Some previous experience working with a publication is an asset to your application, however not essential. The internship offers an opportunity for “hands-on” learning and Mooney on Theatre will provide training. The internship is also flexible to accommodate school and work schedules. There is also the possibility of an extension to a second term. *Please note: This internship is not eligible for academic credit.