This is it folks, the final weekend of 2011 Toronto Fringe Festival! If you you’ve procrastinated and haven’t been out to a show yet this is your last chance! And, what better way to see a show than for free? In today’s edition we’ll be giving away tickets to the Saturday, July 16 performances of five shows.
The shows are:
Go F#$% Yourself – To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets to the 12:00pm show at Helen Gardiner Phelan Playhouse (Venue 8 ) please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Go F#$% Yourself contest” by 7pm on Friday, July 15, 2011.
Pat Burtscher’s Waffle House – To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets to the 4:30pm show at The Solo Room (Venue 5) please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Pat Burtscher’s Waffle House contest” by 7pm on Friday, July 15, 2011.
death: THE MOVIE – To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets to the 5:15pm show at St. Vladimir’s Theatre (Venue 7) please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “death: THE MOVIE contest” by 7pm on Friday, July 15, 2011.
Wishes Are Horses – To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets to the 5:15pm show at the Theatre Passe Muraille (Venue 10) please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Wishes are Horses contest” by 7pm on Friday, July 15, 2011.
Cellar Hotel – To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets to the 11:00pm show at the Bathurst St. Theatre (Venue 3) please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Cellar Hotel contest” by 7pm on Friday, July 15, 2011.
See below for details on each show, how the contest works:
From the press release: “Go F#$% Yourself” is one woman’s journey into a man’s vagina OR it is the combined efforts of comedians Nikki Payne and Terry Clement, known collectively as “Ted Hollister’s Cow”. Sketch, Stand-Up, Songs and other forms of comedy that start with the letter “s” will be performed without the use of fire or heroin.
The piece plays at The Helen Gardiner Phelan Playhouse, 79 St. George Street. Performances: July 7, 7:00 p.m.; July 9, 11:00 p.m.; July 11, 1:00 p.m.; July 13, 7:30 p.m.; July 14, 4:15 p.m.; July 15, 9:15 p.m.; July 16, 12:00 p.m.
From the press release: Come and join me on an adventure full of stuff, things and that sort, but only if you like fun and good times – no lame-o’s allowed! It’s all about fun and good times. So come and have some with me and whoever else shows up.
The piece plays at The Solo Room (at the Randolph Academy) 736 Bathurst St.. Performances: Wednesday, July 6, 2011 6:30pm; Thursday, July 7, 2011 7:45pm; Friday, July 8, 2011 3:00pm; Saturday, July 9, 2011 5:00pm; Sunday, July 10, 2011 8:00pm; Thursday, July 14, 2011 8:00pm; Friday, July 15, 2011 8:45pm; Saturday, July 16, 2011 4:30pm
From the press release: “death: THE MOVIE” is a formalist “No frills” short play and a deceptively simple analogy for the blurry line between fiction and reality. It attempts to make death funny. It attempts to “kill” the concept of death.
The piece plays at St. Vlad’s Theatre, 620 Spadina Avenue (at Harbord). Performances: July 7th: 10pm, July 9th: 8pm, July 10th: 12pm, July 11th: 1:15pm, July 14th: 11pm, July 15th: 2:15pm, July 16th: 5:15pm
From the press release: When a physics professor, once a famous “wunderkind”, announces that he has discovered science that can make wishes come true, he is fired by his university. As his wife’s annoyance increases, their married life collapses into comedic chaos as they’re hounded by nuts, fanatics, criminals and finally find themselves under arrest as threats to national security. What to do?
The piece plays at Theatre Passe Muraille, 16 Ryerson Avenue. Performances: July 6, at 8:45 PM, July 9 at 9:45 PM, July 11 at 1:15 PM, July 12 at 4:30 PM, July 14 at 1:45 PM, July 16 at 5:15 PM, July 17 at 9:00 PM
From the press release: The guests arrive; the rooms are lush and the lounge warm. But all is not what it seems at Cellar Hotel. In this elaborate new rock musical adaptation of Faust, the night turns intoan epic battle for the souls of those who dare enter…Cellar Hotel.
The piece plays at the Bathurst Street Theatre, 736 Bathurst Street. Performances: Thursday July 7, 8:45pm; Saturday July 9, 5:15pm; Monday July 11, 12:45pm; Tuesday July 12, 6:45pm; Wednesday July 13, 3:30pm; Thursday July 14, 5:15pm; Saturday July 16, 11:00pm
(these will remain the same for each Fringe contest, so take the time to read the list once and you’ll be set)
- The only acceptable form of entry for the contest is by email, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (Mooney on Theatre will never use your email address for anything other than to reply to the specific contest you entered, and we certainly would never sell it or anything like that)
- Each show counts as its own contest, and each entry must be in a separate email. So, if 5 shows are giving tickets away on a given day, and you want to try for each of them, then you need to send 5 emails.
- Entrants must be available on the day and time listed in the contest. The tickets are available for that showing only, and cannot be transferred to another date.
- The winning entrants will be chosen by a random drawing.
- Winners will be notified by email by 9pm on the day of contest closing and need to confirm their attendance 10am AT THE LATEST the following morning so that their names can be given to the theatre company for tickets to be set aside.
- Photo I.D. may be required to claim the winning tickets.
- Tickets must be picked up 60 to 30 minutes before show time at the venue box office. The box office reserves the right to release any tickets not picked up 15 minutes before show time.
- We ask that all winners provide us with a quick blurb on what they thought of the show, either in the comments section of the press release on Mooney on Theatre, or if it has already been reviewed by Mooney on Theatre in the comments section of that.