Mooney on Theatre is giving away tickets to Stage Centre Productions’ The Winslow Boy on Thursday, September 29 at 8:00PM at the Fairview Library Theatre.
To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets just send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “The Winslow Boy contest” by NOON on Wednesday, September 28, 2011.
See below for details about show, how the contest works:
The entire system of British law is put to question when a young man is found guilty and a family struggles to proclaim his innocence in The Winslow Boy, the first incredible production of five in an exciting 35th season at Stage Centre Productions.
With new theatrical direction, Stage Centre Productions presents The Winslow Boy, Terence Rattigan’s British classic about a young boy who is found guilty of stealing a 5 shilling postal order and leads to his expulsion from the Naval Academy. With the help of his father, they seek to overturn this harsh crime, but with a British law that seems more intent on remaining stolid in tradition, the family realizes that their struggle is much larger than they thought. The battle is on, but who will come out victorious and who will suffer the wounds of the coming trial?
Joining incoming Guest Artistic Director/Designer Michael James Burgess are repertory company members Thomas McMahon as Ronnie Winslow, Robin Phillips as Violet, Roger Kell as Arthur Winslow, Judy Gans as Grace Winslow, Irit Shomrony as Catherine Winslow, Christopher Douglas as Dickie Winslow, Jason Martorino as John Watherstone, Robert Glen as Desmond Curry, Christine Dick as Miss Barnes, Robert Martyn as Fred and Will van der Zyl as Sir Robert Morton.
The Winslow Boy is an electrifying start to a season of great plays as always brought to you by Stage Centre Productions.
DATES: September 29 and 30, October 1 and 2 (Thursday to Sunday), and October 5, 6, 7 and 8 (Wednesday to Saturday)
TIMES: Performances begin at 8:00 p.m., excepting October 2 at 2pm and an additional 2pm show on October 8
TICKETS: Adults $27.50, Seniors/Students $22
To order tickets call 416.299.5557 or click http://www.stagecentreproductions.com/SCP_SingleTickets.htm
Subscription packages are available from $54. You save up to 25%.
LOCATION: Fairview Public Library Theatre, 35 Fairview Mall Drive, North York, steps away from the Don Mills Subway Station on the Sheppard Line. Lots of free parking. Wheelchair access and hearing devices available.
- The only acceptable form of entry for the contest is by email, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (Mooney on Theatre will never use your email address for anything other than to reply to the specific contest you entered, and we certainly would never sell it or anything like that)
- Entrants must be available on the day and time listed in the contest. The tickets are available for that showing only, and cannot be transferred to another date.
- The winning entrants will be chosen by a random drawing.
- Winners will be notified by email by 9pm on the day of contest closing and need to confirm their attendance 10am AT THE LATEST the following morning so that their names can be given to the theatre company for tickets to be set aside.
- Photo I.D. may be required to claim the winning tickets.
- Tickets must be picked up 60 to 30 minutes before show time at the venue box office. The box office reserves the right to release any tickets not picked up 15 minutes before show time.
- We ask that all winners provide us with a quick blurb on what they thought of the show, either in the comments section of the review once it’s been posted on Mooney on Theatre.