Mooney on Theatre is giving away tickets to the premiere of Upstage Productions and pivotal(arts) theatre company inc.’s production of Jason Murray’s The Dinner on Wednesday, October 19 at 8:00PM at St Vladimir Institute, 620 Spadina Avenue, Toronto.
Eight friends come together for Thanksgiving Dinner! Of the friends, four have known each other since high school. During the dinner, adding a little spice to the discussion changes the gathering’s conversation-flavouring. Deep-rooted tensions – tensions that were never discussed over the past decade – are unearthed. With eight people finding it difficult to let the next person speak, everything from inauthentic relationships to relationships that are telepathically intersected are realized, as is loving immensely and hating violently. With the emotional devastation that takes place during the dinner party, the guests leave with very little to feel thankful for.
To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets just send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “The Dinner contest” by NOON on Tuesday, October 18, 2011.
See below for details about show, how the contest works:
Written and Directed by Jason Murray
Venue: St Vladimir Institute, 620 Spadina Avenue
Shows: Wed. Oct. 19th – Sat. Oct. 22nd @ 8:00 p.m.; Tues. Oct. 25th – Sat. Oct. 29th @ 8:00 p.m.
Tickets: $15 in advance or $20 at the Door
For Tickets: www.thedinner.eventbrite.com
- The only acceptable form of entry for the contest is by email, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (Mooney on Theatre will never use your email address for anything other than to reply to the specific contest you entered, and we certainly would never sell it or anything like that)
- Entrants must be available on the day and time listed in the contest. The tickets are available for that showing only, and cannot be transferred to another date.
- The winning entrants will be chosen by a random drawing.
- Winners will be notified by email by 9pm on the day of contest closing and need to confirm their attendance 10am AT THE LATEST the following morning so that their names can be given to the theatre company for tickets to be set aside.
- Photo I.D. may be required to claim the winning tickets.
- Tickets must be picked up 60 to 30 minutes before show time at the venue box office. The box office reserves the right to release any tickets not picked up 15 minutes before show time.
- We ask that all winners provide us with a quick blurb on what they thought of the show, either in the comments section of the review once it’s been posted on Mooney on Theatre.