Mooney on Theatre is giving away tickets to Alumnae Theatre’s production of Sylvia by A.R. Gurney on Thursday, November 17 at 8:00PM at Alumnae Theatre – 3rd floor Studio, 70 Berkeley Street, Toronto.
To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets just send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Sylvia contest” by NOON on Wednesday, November 16, 2011.
See below for details about show, how the contest works:
Sylvia by A.R. Gurney
Sylvia is a frisky stray dog that burnt-out empty nester Greg finds in a park and brings home to his wife, Kate. Greg’s career as a stockbroker is in a tailspin, so he welcomes the distraction of dog ownership. But after a long hiatus for childrearing, Kate’s career is finally taking off, and with an active social life, a dog is the last thing she wants. (Oh, and Sylvia can talk. The humans just don’t understand her most of the time).
Funny, heartfelt and insightful, this play shows how the answers to life’s troubling questions can come from the unlikeliest of sources. Alumnae Theatre Company’s production of SYLVIA is directed by Maria Popoff, who has worked in professional theatre for many years, and is also an award-winning film producer.
Performance Dates: Friday November 11 – Saturday November 26, 2011
Schedule: Wednesday – Saturday 8:00pm; Sunday matinee at 2:00pm There will be a talkback with cast and director after the matinee on November 20.
Ticket Prices: Wednesday 2-for-1; Thursday, Friday & Saturday $20; Sunday PWYC.
Location: Alumnae Theatre – 3rd floor Studio, 70 Berkeley Street, Toronto
Box Office: Cash-only Box Office opens one hour prior to each performance. Phone 416-364-4170 (box 1) OR e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. OR Tickets may be purchased online at www.totix.ca Please note: Box Office does not accept credit or debit cards.
- The only acceptable form of entry for the contest is by email, sent to email@example.com (Mooney on Theatre will never use your email address for anything other than to reply to the specific contest you entered, and we certainly would never sell it or anything like that)
- Entrants must be available on the day and time listed in the contest. The tickets are available for that showing only, and cannot be transferred to another date.
- The winning entrants will be chosen by a random drawing.
- Winners will be notified by email by 9pm on the day of contest closing and need to confirm their attendance 10am AT THE LATEST the following morning so that their names can be given to the theatre company for tickets to be set aside.
- Photo I.D. may be required to claim the winning tickets.
- Tickets must be picked up 60 to 30 minutes before show time at the venue box office. The box office reserves the right to release any tickets not picked up 15 minutes before show time.
- We ask that all winners provide us with a quick blurb on what they thought of the show, either in the comments section of the review once it’s been posted on Mooney on Theatre.