Mooney on Theatre is giving away tickets to the Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 8:30PM performance of FroMast Productions’ A Really Bad Play at The Pia Bouman School – “Scotiabank” Theatre (6 Noble Street, Toronto).
To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets for the Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 8:30PM performance just send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “A Really Bad Play contest” by 7PM on Monday, January 30, 2012.
See below for details about the show and contest rules:
FroMast Productions presents
Written and Directed: Daniel Stolfi
The Pia Bouman School – “Scotiabank” Theatre
Tues Jan 31st – Sat Feb 4th
Cast: Shawn Ahmed, Ryan Allen, Jessie Gabe, Trevor Small, and featuring Daniel Stolfi
Canadian Comedy Award winner and member of the playwright’s Guild of Canada Daniel Stolfi is proud to present the world premier of his new comedy, A really Bad Play. Daniel Stolfi presented the workshop presentation of this production in March 2011 with pivotal(arts) theatre company. The show received standing ovations for all four performances and rave reviews:
“That was F#$%ing Hilarious” – Rich Sommer Mad Men
“I laughed so hard my stomach hurt” – Sam Mooney Mooney on Theatre
When a star-studded cast abandons a show, leaving only the most incapable of understudies to fill in, combined with the lackluster vision of the worst Writer and Director of all time A really Bad Play emerges. Daniel Stolfi’s new play puts a satirical twist on conventional theatre. This show will have audiences laughing from start to finish.
This “star studded cast” features some of Toronto’s up and coming artists – Shawn Ahmed (Macbeth – Driftwood Theatre; Saw VI-Lions Gate) Ryan Allen (Score: A Hockey Musical – Michael Gowan Film; Get Stuffed – Tapestry New Opera) Jessie Gabe (The Dinner-pivotal(arts);Gemini Winner and Canadian Comedy Award Winner –Writer for Being Erica); and Trevor Small (The Dinner pivotal(arts); Four Minute Mile-2009 Toronto Fringe).
Venue: The Pia Bouman School – “Scotiabank” Theatre
Shows: Tues Jan 31st – Sat Feb 4th 8:30 pm Curtain
Tickets: $15 in advance or $20 at the Door
For Tickets: www.areallybadplay.eventbrite.com
*This is a Canadian Actors’ Equity Association (CAEA) approved CO-OP
- The only acceptable form of entry for the contest is by email, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (Mooney on Theatre will never use your email address for anything other than to reply to the specific contest you entered, and we certainly would never sell it or anything like that)
- Entrants must be available on the day and time listed in the contest. The tickets are available for that showing only, and cannot be transferred to another date.
- The winning entrants will be chosen by a random drawing.
- Winners will be notified by email by 9pm on the day of contest closing and need to confirm their attendance 10am AT THE LATEST the following morning so that their names can be given to the theatre company for tickets to be set aside.
- Photo I.D. may be required to claim the winning tickets.
- Tickets must be picked up 60 to 30 minutes before show time at the venue box office. The box office reserves the right to release any tickets not picked up 15 minutes before show time.
- We ask that all winners provide us with a quick blurb on what they thought of the show, either in the comments section of the review once it’s been posted on Mooney on Theatre.