We’re looking for two people to join us as Volunteer Assistant Editors (Internship) for an 8-month period that runs from May to December 2012.
About Mooney on Theatre
Mooney on Theatre (mooneyontheatre.com) is a recognized go-to source for information about theatre in Toronto. The fast-growing online publication focusing on theatre, was started in April 2008 with a single writer (now editor-in-chief, Megan Mooney). Since its establishment the publication has grown to include over 17 regular contributors and has an established and loyal readership.
See the full post for details about the position.
Assistant Editors will gain experience in all aspects of the publication, including:
– Providing regular content for Mooney on Theatre, including heavy involvement in the Toronto Fringe Festival;
– Researching and fact checking;
– Proofreading copy;
– Working on outreach (i.e. social media);
– Writing headline copy;
– Aiding in Search Engine Optimization processes;
– Pitching articles and publishing press releases.
– Strong organization and coordination skills;
– Able to work effectively independently, and as part of a team;
– Commitment to at least 10 hours per week normally, and up to 30 hours per week from June 25th to July 18th for Toronto Fringe Festival coverage
– A willingness and desire to learn
To apply for the position please forward a resume and a short writing sample of no more than 400 words to the editor (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, April 29, 2012.
Terms of the internship
Mooney on Theatre’s editorial internship is an unpaid program for candidates who are interested in working in journalism. Although geared towards those with an interest in new media and the arts, the application process is open to all candidates interested in editorial work. The internship offers an opportunity for “hands-on” learning and Mooney on Theatre will provide training. The internship is also flexible to accommodate school and work schedules. There is also the possibility of an extension to a second term.
*Please note: This internship is not eligible for academic credit.