2012 Toronto Fringe is still chugging along, full speed ahead – and you should see a show this week! And what better way to go to a Fringe show than for free!? As you know from last year we like to spread the love during Fringe and invite our readers to participate in contests for a pair of FREE Fringe tickets to SIX shows every day of the festival. So enter a contest andÂ Fringe for Free! Today’s contest features a pair of tickets to five shows on Wednesday, July 11th.
The shows are:
Smart Food – To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets to the 12pmÂ show at Annex Theatre (Venue 5)Â please send an email toÂ email@example.comÂ with the subject line â€œSmart Food contestâ€Â by 7pmÂ on Tuesday, July 10, 2012.
Everything I Never Knew I WantedÂ -Â To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets to theÂ 12pmÂ show atÂ Tarragon Extra (Venue 2) please send an email toÂ firstname.lastname@example.orgÂ with the subject line â€œEverything I Never Knew I Wanted contestâ€Â by 7pmÂ on Tuesday, July 10, 2012.
The Virginity Lost & Found -Â To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets to the 2:15pmÂ show at Tarragon Extra (Venue 2) please send an email toÂ email@example.comÂ with the subject line â€œThe Virginity Lost & Found contestâ€Â by 7pmÂ on Tuesday, July 10, 2012.
I Became My Mother -Â To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets to the 7:45pmÂ show at St. Vlad’s Theatre (Venue 7) please send an email toÂ firstname.lastname@example.orgÂ with the subject line â€œI Became My Mother contestâ€Â by 7pmÂ on Tuesday, July 10, 2012.
BotchedÂ -Â To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets to the 1opmÂ show atÂ Theatre Passe Muraille Backspace (Venue 11) please send an email toÂ email@example.comÂ with the subject line â€œBotched contestâ€Â by 7pmÂ on Tuesday, July 10, 2012.
Mum and the Big C -Â To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets to the 11pmÂ show at Randolph Theatre (Venue 4)Â please send an email toÂ firstname.lastname@example.orgÂ with the subject line â€œMum and the Big C contestâ€Â by 7pmÂ on Tuesday, July 10, 2012.
See below for details on each show, how the contest works:Â
From Press release: Smart Food is an absurdist comedy about Florence, a young man who has a skeleton in his closet â€“ literally! Well, actually itâ€™s a plastic skeleton in his duffle bag who he names Frasier, and he confides in his best friend (and plastic Halloween decoration) with some of his most brutal and humiliating secrets. One of which may be his undoing.
This piece plays at Annex Theatre. Performances: July 04 06:30 PM, July 06 10:30 PM, July 08 08:00 PM, July 11 12:00 PM, July 12 09:15 PM, July 13 11:30 PM, July 14 04:00 PM
From Press release: Stacey was convinced she could â€œhave it allâ€. Of course life was so much clearer at the age of 6. Seen through the lens of an investigative news team, this autobiographical show takes a humorous and poignant look at what can happen when life doesnâ€™t always go according to plan.
This piece plays at Tarragon Extra. Performances: July 04 06:30 PM, July 06 03:30 PM, July 08 08:15 PM, July 09 06:45 PM, July 11 12:00 PM, July 13 05:15 PM, July 14 10:30 PM
From Press release:Â An improv-based, drag-tastic, bawdy (but rarely vulgar!) sex comedy about a very special office of the Ministry of the Interior. (warning: management is not responsible for any feminist ideas about the virginity construct you may internalize during this performance.)
This piece plays at Tarragon Extra.Â Performances: July 04 10:30 PM, July 08 03:00 PM, July 10 07:00 PM, July 11 02:15 PM, July 12 10:30 PM, July 14 03:30 PM, July 15 12:00 PM
From Press release:Â A husband and father of three teens, who is a rock and roll musician turned stroller soccer dad decided one day to dive into the world of open mic standup comedy. There to joke, rant, rave, sing and scream a dads tale from cradles to beyond, he discovers the undeniable.
This piece plays at St. Vlad’s Theatre. July 04 08:45 PM, July 07 02:15 PM, July 09 03:00 PM, July 11 07:45 PM, July 13 02:15 PM, July 14 12:00 PM, July 15 09:00 PM
From Press Release: A dark comedy about a girlâ€™s (absurdist) journey to find her motherâ€¦ who may or may not have aborted her twenty years ago. Botched irreverently explores both sides of the abortion debate with the grace of Sarah Kane and the sensibility of Eugene Ionesco.
Warning: This play contains adult subject matter, one anthropomorphized egg and dolls.
This piece plays at Theatre Passe Muraille Backspace. Performances: July 05 07:45 PM, July 06 06:30 PM, July 07 10:15 PM, July 08 06:15 PM, July 10 01:30 PM, July 11 10:00 PM, July 13 07:00 PM, July 15 02:15 PM
From Press release: A no-strings attached, playgirl lesbian, most titillated when transient, is relegated back to the sedentary burbs to nurse her boob cancer-riddled, food hoarder mom whoâ€™s hell-bent on marrying her off, and finds herself fenced in with lies when she unwittingly shags her motherâ€™s oncologist and falls in love.
This piece plays at the Randolph Theatre. Performances: July 04 08:45 PM, July 07 12:00 PM, July 08 08:45 PM, July 09 03:00 PM, July 11 11:00 PM, July 13 01:45 PM, July 14 09:15 PM
(these will remain the same for each Fringe contest, so take the time to read the list once and youâ€™ll be set)
- The only acceptable form of entry for the contest is by email, sent to email@example.com (Mooney on Theatre will never use your email address for anything other than to reply to the specific contest you entered, and we certainly would never sell it or anything like that)
- Each show counts as its own contest, and each entry must be in a separate email. So, if 5 shows are giving tickets away on a given day, and you want to try for each of them, then you need to send 5 emails.
- Entrants must be available on the day and time listed in the contest. The tickets are available for that showing only, and cannot be transferred to another date.
- The winning entrants will be chosen by a random drawing.
- Winners will be notified by email by 9pm on the day of contest closing and need to confirm their attendance 10am AT THE LATEST the following morning so that their names can be given to the theatre company for tickets to be set aside.
- Photo I.D. may be required to claim the winning tickets.
- Tickets must be picked up 60 to 30 minutes before show time at the venue box office. The box office reserves the right to release any tickets not picked up 15 minutes before show time.
- We ask that all winners provide us with a quick blurb on what they thought of the show, either in the comments section of the press release on Mooney on Theatre, or if it has already been reviewed by Mooney on Theatre in the comments section of that.