If you’ve been following, you know the drill by now. This stuff is fo’ free. Maybe the show you’ve been waiting for will pop up in this batch! Keep in mind that we now have a review in for practically every show (with the remainders trickling in soon!) so be sure to check out what we have to say about these pieces. Be choosy if you like. Or, apply for them all. These picks are for two free tickets to shows on Wednesday July 10th. Fringe for Free!
The shows are:
Piece of Mind – To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets to the 4:15pm show at Robert Gill Theatre (Venue 9) please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Piece of Mine Contest” by 7pm on Tuesday, July 9th, 2013.
Stolling Player – To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets to the 12:00pm show at Tarragon Extra Space (Venue 2) please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Strolling Player Contest” by 7pm on Tuesday, July 9th, 2013.
Handle With Care – To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets to the 6:00pm show at Palmerston Theatre (Fringe Kids!) please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Handle With Care Contest” by 7pm on Tuesday, July 9th, 2013.
Shakespeare, M.D. – To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets for two “free diagnoses” at Shed Show (Alley Plays) please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Shakespeare, MD Contest” by 7pm on Tuesday, July 9th, 2013.
The Soaps – To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets for the 4:00pm show at George Ignatieff Theatre (Venue 6) please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “The Soaps Contest” by 7pm on Tuesday, July 9th, 2013.
Show times: July 03 07:00 PM, July 05 01:45 PM, July 08 07:00 PM, July 09 04:30 PM, July 10 04:15 PM, July 12 06:15 PM, July 13 08:45 PM
The seed for Handle With Care was planted when Bonnie Thomson and Tyler Seguin were leading a Grade 3 puppetry workshop. They noticed that the students had created some pretty grim environmentally-themed posters. Tangled Web Theatre started talking about whether it was possible to teach a more positive view of how we can interact with our environment, and include humour and a sense of playfulness, as well as cautionary messages. Handle With Care incorporates a wide variety of puppetry styles, including tabletop, rod, shadow, and object manipulation and uses many different materials, including recycled and found objects.
Show times: July 04 05:45 PM, July 05 07:45 PM, July 06 02:30 PM, July 08 01:15 PM, July 10 06:00 PM, July 11 03:45 PM, July 13 01:00 PM, July 14 06:45 PM
The Spur-Of-The-Moment Shakespeare Collective brings an interactive showcase of the Shakespeare-In-Hospitals Program to the 2013 Toronto Fringe Festival Shed Show. Patrons become patients with this twisted taste of the project’s one-on-one patient visitations.
Show times: July 03 06:30 PM, July 04 06:30 PM, July 05 03:00 PM, July 06 08:30 PM, July 08 03:00 PM, July 09 08:30 PM, July 10 08:30 PM, July 11 03:00 PM, July 12 03:00 PM, July 14 08:30 PM
The sold out hit is back for the third straight year!
THIS TIME, we take you to the exciting and backstabbing world of City Hall! Deception, incompetence, personal agendas, and a disgraced mayor! Sound familiar? Welcome to the town of Utopia and its back room city hall dealings! Life in politics isn’t all it’s cracked up to be!
Show times: July 05 10:30 PM, July 06 07:30 PM, July 08 04:30 PM, July 10 04:00 PM, July 11 11:30 PM, July 12 03:30 PM, July 14 01:45 PM
(these will remain the same for each Fringe contest, so take the time to read the list once and you’ll be set)
- The only acceptable form of entry for the contest is by email, sent to email@example.com (Mooney on Theatre will never use your email address for anything other than to reply to the specific contest you entered, and we certainly would never sell it or anything like that)
- Each show counts as its own contest, and each entry must be in a separate email. So, if 5 shows are giving tickets away on a given day, and you want to try for each of them, then you need to send 5 emails.
- Entrants must be available on the day and time listed in the contest. The tickets are available for that showing only, and cannot be transferred to another date.
- The winning entrants will be chosen by a random drawing.
- Winners will be notified by email by 9pm on the day of contest closing and need to confirm their attendance 10am AT THE LATEST the following morning so that their names can be given to the theatre company for tickets to be set aside.
- Photo I.D. may be required to claim the winning tickets.
- Tickets must be picked up 60 to 30 minutes before show time at the venue box office. The box office reserves the right to release any tickets not picked up 15 minutes before show time.
- We ask that all winners provide us with a quick blurb on what they thought of the show, either in the comments section of the press release on Mooney on Theatre, or if it has already been reviewed by Mooney on Theatre in the comments section of that.