Are you passionate about theatre and the performing arts? Are you an online media junkie who spends hours pouring over blogs and news sites? Are you looking for experience working in digital media? Do you want to be part of a dynamic editorial team at the helm of a growing online publication? If you answered “yes” to any of the above, Mooney on Theatre is looking for you!
We’re looking for two people to join us as Volunteer Assistant Editors (Internship) for an 8-month period that runs from April 2014 to December 2014 (with possibility for extension).
About Mooney on Theatre
Mooney on Theatre (mooneyontheatre.com) is a recognized go-to source for information about theatre in Toronto. The fast-growing online publication focusing on theatre, was started in April 2008 with a single writer; Founding Editor, Megan Mooney. Since its establishment the publication has grown to include over 20 regular contributors and has an established and loyal readership.
See the full post for details about the position.
Assistant Editors will gain experience in all aspects of the publication, including:
– Providing regular content for Mooney on Theatre;
– Co-managing the editorial calendar, editing and assisting writers with feature articles;
– Researching and fact checking;
– Proofreading copy;
– Outreach via MoT’s social media channels (Twitter and Facebook);
– Writing headline copy;
– Aiding in Search Engine Optimization processes;
– Pitching articles and publishing press releases.
– Strong organization and coordination skills;
– Able to work effectively independently, and as part of a team;
– Commitment to at least 10 hours per week normally,
– A willingness and desire to learn
To apply for the position please forward a resume and a short writing sample of no more than 400 words to the Managing Editor (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Thursday, April 3, 2014.
Terms of the internship
Mooney on Theatre’s editorial internship is an unpaid program for candidates who are interested in working in journalism. Although geared towards those with an interest in new media and the arts, the application process is open to all candidates interested in editorial work. The internship offers an opportunity for “hands-on” learning and Mooney on Theatre will provide training. The internship is also flexible to accommodate school and work schedules. There is also the possibility of an extension to a second term.
*Please note: This internship is not paired with a specific school for academic credit, any crediting situation would be arranged by the applicant.