Mooney on Theatre is giving away tickets to a performance of Escape from Happiness at Alumnae Theatre (70 Berkeley Street) on Thursday, October 2 at 8 pm.
To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Escape from Happiness” by 11:00 pm on Monday, September 29, 2014.
See below for details about the show and how the contest works:
A bizarre event in a dysfunctional family prompts an incident of brutality in this intensely dark Canadian comedy. This play explores the most tender moments at the most violent of times.
Nora Quinn (Heli Kivilaht) is the head of an eccentric, working-class family fighting alcohol, drugs, corruption and organized crime in their dangerous, impoverished neighborhood while trying to manage the turmoil in her own house. Eldest daughter and protector Elizabeth (Andrea Brown), middle child Mary Ann (Lesley Robertson) whose sunny disposition is maintained through constant cooking, youngest daughter, and new mother, Gail (Renée Haché) who desperately tries to help her family mend their past, Gail’s husband Junior (Maxwell King) who has “bad luck following him like a best friend”, and their recently returned father Tom (David Cairns) who may or may not be the abusive, uncontrolled ex-cop he once was round out this unruly family in Escape from Happiness. Throw in ambitious ladder climbing police officer (Joanne Sarazen), her reluctant partner (Ryan Seeley), and father and son criminals (Robert Skanes and Colin MacDonald) and anarchy prevails.
Opening night: September 26, 2014
Closing night: October 11, 2014
Performances run Wednesdays through Saturdays at 8 pm with Sunday matinees at 2 pm.
Alumnae Theatre (70 Berkeley Street)
Tickets are $10 on Wednesdays, $20 Thursdays through Saturdays and cash only PWYC on Sundays. Tickets can be purchased online or at the door.
- The only acceptable form of entry for the contest is by email, sent to email@example.com (Mooney on Theatre will never use your email address for anything other than to reply to the specific contest you entered, and we certainly would never sell it or anything like that)
- Entrants must be available on the day and time listed in the contest. The tickets are available for that showing only, and cannot be transferred to another date.
- The winning entrants will be chosen by a random drawing.
- Photo I.D. may be required to claim the winning tickets.
- Tickets must be picked up 60 to 30 minutes before show time at the venue box office. The box office reserves the right to release any tickets not picked up 15 minutes before show time.