From press release
Award winning Barcelona based theatre company Can Ducks Fly are taking their first show Alpha Delta 86 to Toronto and Ottawa Fringe in 2016, followed by several nights in NYC.
Alpha Delta 86 follows two clownesque spies who covertly listen to international phone conversations, discover incriminated citizens and sentence them accordingly. These two very different women work in a dystopian Alpha Delta (amorous detection) office. They have been entrusted with the responsibility of finding loved up miscreants in the vicinity and sending them for quarantine. Unfortunately, they are more interested in eating biscuits than finding culprits.
A comic, Lecoq style, physical theatre show including audience participation, use of a typewriter as musical accompaniment and biscuit eating spies.
Nowadays we are all desperate for love and attention, ‘likes’ and internet points seem to have become more important than real human connections. Their boss warns them that there is an infected person nearby and they bravely search the audience with a plethora of ‘spy’ gadgets to discover the guilty party. A fully interactive show, audience members will be thoroughly checked and if found guilty of love their coordinates will be sent to headquarters.
As with any show where clowns are involved, they get distracted by everything and the prospect of a tea break becomes more important than the matter at hand. The two clowns challenge one another to be more efficient and less emotionally attached throughout the process. In a final twist, it turns out that in a world where love has been banned, these two clowns have inadvertently fallen for each other.
- Friday July 1st, 03:00 pm
- Saturday July 2nd, 07:30 pm
- Sunday July 3rd, 09:45 pm
- Tuesday July 5th, 08:00 pm
- Thursday July 7th, 03:30 pm
- Friday July 8th, 11:30 pm
- Sunday July 10th, 01:45 pm
- Alpha Delta 86 plays at the Annex Theatre. (736 Bathurst St)
- Tickets are $10 at the door, $12 in advance. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Fringe Club at Honest Ed’s Alley, and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Content Warning: Audience Participation.
- This venue is wheelchair-accessible provided you arrive early (at least ~20 minutes) and notify the House Manager you require an accessible route.
Photo of Kiva Murphy and Filipa Mendes by Alex Brenner