From Press Release
Lark & Whimsy Theatre Collective, in partnership with Flat Earth Global announced today that BAD BABY’s first solo show RULES CONTROL THE FUN will receive its world premiere at this summer’s Toronto Fringe Festival.
“I’ve seen a lot of solo shows. And I know all the rules. I know all of them. And I’m gonna follow all the rules, because rules…control the fun.” Toronto-based clown, Bad Baby, will feature in her first solo show Rules Control the Fun, a hilarious new Canadian play about love, relationships, vulnerability, and shame. Self-proclaimed Fringe expert Bad Baby wanted to become an actor so that she could sleep in and kiss boys. But lately she hasn’t gotten to do either of those things. However all of that is about to change. Showcasing exceptional acting skills, unmatched good looks, a huge range of emotional faces, a balloon arch, and not one, but two theatre schools on her résumé, Bad Baby is the best – no scratch that – the ONLY clown to wear rubber boots at the Toronto Fringe this year.
Boasting a total of thirteen Toronto Fringe tent romances under their collective belts, the teams that brought you Almost, Again (Best of Fringe) and Eternal Friendship with a Spotless Smile (Patron’s Pick) are back with an all new Fringe fling.
- Friday July 7th, 01:15 pm
- Saturday July 8th, 09:15 pm
- Monday July 10th, 04:30 pm
- Wednesday July 12th, 07:30 pm
- Thursday July 13th, 12:00 pm
- Friday July 14th, 11:00 pm
- Sunday July 16th, 04:00 pm
- Bad Baby Presents: Rules Control the Fun plays at the Annex Theatre. (736 Bathurst St.)
- Tickets are $12. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Fringe Club at Scadding Court, and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Content Warnings: Audience Participation, Nudity, Mature Language.
- This venue is wheelchair-accessible through a secondary route which requires a staff escort. Check in at the box office at least 20 minutes prior to showtime.
Photo of Janelle Hanna as Bad Baby by Scott Murdoch – Five by Five Photography.