From Press Release
Songs for a New World Order is a 45 minute acoustic collection of sharp, witty, and ridiculous songs that hang in the balance between observational and surreal. The show finds the humor in our absurdly twisted world by exploring the hard hitting issues that plague our modern society such as: Slow walkers, the TTC, love in space, single fatherhood, mothers day conspiracies, bullies, roleplay, humans and their secrets, to asking important questions like “where did all the love in the world go?” and much more.
Under the direction of Tricia Black (Songbuster: An Improvised Musical, The Sketchersons), Anesti Danelis showcases songs that range in style from pop, hip hop, rock, and campy, and that are woven together with clever wordplay and unexpected turns. With the silly and playful nature of Flight of the Conchords, and observational, dark tones of Bo Burnham, Anesti’s joyful style oftentimes hangs on the edge of darkness before being whisked back up into bliss.
Over the last year, Anesti has been crafting these songs by performing them regularly across Toronto as a guest, and as a headliner. He has also performed around North America, as his songs earned him an official selection for the Chicago Sketch Comedy Festival (2017), Montreal Sketch Comedy Festival (2017) and as a semi-finalist in Z103.5 FM’s Fund Me Fest (2017). After all that fine tuning, he now presents his original music in one delightful, yet dark, debut solo package.
You can also catch Anesti Danelis in his other fringe show “And then it Happened…” a two-man sketch revue with company Aspiring Landlords.
Anesti Danelis (Company: Third Wheel)
in association with The Toronto Fringe Festival presents
Songs for a New World Order
Written by and Starring Anesti Danelis
Directed by Tricia Black
- Songs For a New World Order plays at The Theatre Centre’s BMO Incubator. (1115 Queen St. W.)
- Tickets are $12. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Fringe Club at Scadding Court, and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Content Warnings: Sexual Content, Audience Participation, Mature Language.
- This venue is accessible.
- Wednesday July 5th, 10:00 pm
- Friday July 7th, 06:30 pm
- Sunday July 9th, 04:30 pm
- Tuesday July 11th, 01:30 pm
- Wednesday July 12th, 06:30 pm
- Thursday July 13th, 08:00 pm
- Friday July 14th, 03:30 pm
- Sunday July 16th, 04:00 pm
Photo of Anesti Danelis by Anesti Danelis