Before the start of the Toronto Fringe Festival we told you about some of the shows that were most popular amongst our staff. Then, after reviewing all 160 shows in this year’s festival we shared our list of the shows we recommend.
Now it’s your turn; we reveal the list of our readers’ most buzzed about shows based on the popularity of their Mooney on Theatre reviews. So here’s the list of the top ten (ish) most-read Fringe reviews on Mooney on Theatre this year**:
1. Alone In This Together (Not Oasis Productions)
2. “Am I Pretty Now?”: A musical romp through plastic surgery (Stephanie Herrera)
3. On The Inside (s&m productions)
4. Everything There is to Know (Musicals Canada)
5. The Seat Next to the King (Minmar Gaslight Productions)
6. The Clergy Project (SOULO Theatre)
7. Seasons (Sol Express)
8. Graham Clark’s Not Here (Laugh Gallery)
9. WILD/WALLED (Half Second Echo)
10. Brain Storm (Lucid Ludic)
The next few shows were so close in page views that we decided to give them all an honourable mention:
11. Bad Baby Presents: Rules Control the Fun (Lark & Whimsy Theatre Collective)
11. Lemons Lemons Lemons Lemons Lemons (Slow Blue Lions/The Howland Company)
11. Perfect Couples (Pencil Kit Productions)
individual tickets to all mainstage and site-specific productions are $12, and can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Fringe Club at Scadding Court, and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes for serious Fringers.
Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
**Most-read reviews are determined by the number of unique pageviews for the post as of July 14, 2017 at 12:30AM.