From Press Release
The latest musical by Dora and Canadian Comedy Award nominee Scott White (Top Gun! The Musical, The Giant’s Garden, Bemused) will premiere on the main stage of Factory Theatre on July 4th, the opening night of the Toronto Fringe. Compulsion is a dark, fast-paced musical roller-coaster ride that asks “What happens when life’s decisions take you to the edge?” The show combines the suspense of a Hitchcock thriller with the pace of a contemporary television hospital drama through a plot that explores the darker side of love. Compulsion was the runner-up for this year’s Paul O’Sullivan Musical Theatre Prize.
The cast features; Matthew Bradley (Rock Of Ages, The Wedding Singer, Boys In the Photograph), Kate Madden (Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Of Human Bondage), Dale Miller (Falstaff, James And The Giant Peach, Les Miserables) Michelle Nash (Evil Dead The Musical, Disenchanted), Sara Stahmer (Les Miserables, I Love You, You’re Perfect Now Change, ) and Kristi Woods ( The Drowsy Chaperone, Legally Blonde). Text and Music Direction will be by Dora nominee Scott White. Movement Direction and Staging will be by Dora nominee Viv Moore with Stage Management by Debbie Read.
- Compulsion plays at the Factory Theatre Mainspace. (125 Bathurst St.)
- Tickets are $13, including a $2 service charge. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes and discounts for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Festival Box Office at Scadding Court (707 Dundas St. W.), and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Content Warnings: Mature language; Unsuitable for minors.
- This venue is wheelchair-accessible through a secondary route.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Wednesday July 4th, 8:15 pm
- Friday July 6th, 10:15 pm
- Sunday July 8th, 8:45 pm
- Tuesday July 10th, 6:30 pm
- Wednesday July 11th, 11:30 pm
- Thursday July 12th, 12:00 pm
- Sunday July 15th, 1:45 pm
Photo of Sara Stahmer by Scott White