From Press Release
Cluster Fucked is a fast-paced, angry, hilarious and unnerving romp exploring the industrial production of social identities. Who do they think you are? The show uses verbatim excerpts from industry publications to explore how people are assigned to manufactured social groups (“Asian Sophisticates” for example, or “Urban Digerati” or “Arts and Affluence” or “Silver Linings”) in order to manage and persuade populations.
How does it actually work? Who does it? How is money made? What difference does it make? How do these algorithmic identities influence our own sense of ourselves?
Join us as we play in a world where we are coerced to produce the data that is used to structure our lives in the interests of the largest corporations the world has ever known!
- Cluster Fucked plays at the Tarragon Theatre Solo Room. (30 Bridgman Ave.)
- Tickets are $13, including a $2 service charge. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes and discounts for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Festival Box Office at Scadding Court (707 Dundas St. W.), and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Content Warnings: Mature language; Audience participation; Sexual content.
- This venue is wheelchair-accessible through a secondary route. Check in at the venue box office at least 15 minutes before showtime, and a staff member will escort you to the venue. Accessible seating is in the front row.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Wednesday July 4th, 8:15 pm
- Friday July 6th, 4:45 pm
- Saturday July 7th, 6:45 pm
- Sunday July 8th, 1:00 pm
- Tuesday July 10th, 8:30 pm
- Wednesday July 11th, 10:00 pm
- Friday July 13th, 5:15 pm
- Sunday July 15th, 5:45 pm
Image provided by the company