From Press Release
Do you believe in ghosts?
Nell has a secret. Ghosts have been talking to her all of her life. And after years of being ignored, they no longer want to stay quiet.
Restless Spirit is inspired by the lives of the Fox Sisters, who were born in Consecon, Ontario in the early 1800’s and are considered to be the first Mediums. They began speaking to ghosts through a series of knocks or “rappings”. By the late 1800’s, Spiritualism, the belief that the spirits of the dead exist and have both the ability and the inclination to communicate with the living, a phenomenon that had over eight million followers. And it all started with a knock…
Restless Spirit lets you return to a time where communicating with a departed loved one was a miraculous experience and the chance to be a part of a live séance was not to be missed.
- Restless Spirit plays at the Theatre Passe Muraille Mainspace. (16 Ryerson Ave.)
- Tickets are $13, including a $2 service charge. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes and discounts for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Festival Box Office at Scadding Court (707 Dundas St. W.), and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Content Warnings: Fog or haze effects; Audience participation.
- This venue is wheelchair-accessible. Accessible seating is in the very front row.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Friday July 6th, 4:00 pm
- Sunday July 8th, 11:00 pm
- Monday July 9th, 9:00 pm
- Tuesday July 10th, 8:00 pm
- Thursday July 12th, 5:15 pm
- Friday July 13th, 12:00 pm
- Sunday July 15th, 6:45 pm
Photo of Catherine Meyer and Nicole Marie McCafferty by Richard Burdett