From Press Release:
BikeFace is a two-wheeled adventure of Canadian proportions, spinning strange-but-true tales from a ride across the country! There are graveyard groundskeepers, Wild West proprietors, and wanderers with secrets only fit for strangers. This one-woman whirlwind retraces a real-life bike ride from Halifax to Vancouver, uphill and against the wind the whole way
During the Victorian cycling craze, doctors warned women riders they would undoubtedly cultivate “bicycle faces”: becoming over-exerted, wild-eyed, un-sexed vulgarities, with nothing before them but the wide, open road. Over a century later, the Journal of Paediatric Psychology still finds that girls are four times more likely to be warned about dangers inherent in exploration and adventure. This is where BikeFace takes off! It will tickle your funny bone and above all else, ignite your thirst for adventure!
BikeFace is produced by Trailblazing Ladies, in association with the Toronto Fringe. We are interested in telling stories of adventure, exploration, and women who break boundaries.
- BikeFace plays at the Annex Theatre. (736 Bathurst St.)
- Tickets are $13, including a $2 service charge. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes and discounts for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Festival Box Office at Scadding Court (707 Dundas St. W.), and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- This venue is wheelchair-accessible through a secondary route which requires a staff escort. Check in at the box office at least 15 minutes prior to showtime.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Thursday July 5th, 6:30 pm
- Saturday July 7th, 1:45 pm
- Monday July 9th, 10:45 pm
- Thursday July 12th, 1:45 pm
- Friday July 13th, 9:45 pm
- Saturday July 14th, 2:15 pm
- Sunday July 15th, 7:30 pm