From Press Release:
Following a staggering success at the 2018 St-Ambroise Montreal Fringe Festival where they took home the Runner-up Prize for the MainLine Creativity Award, Thought Experiment Productions’ Ülfet Sevdi and Nicolas Royer-Artuso look forward to pleasantly puzzling Toronto audiences with 4’33” IN BAGHDAD, a subtle scholarly striptease disguised as saucy TED Talk style stand-up comedy.
Theoretically grounded, conceptual and experimental, the performance cleverly couples themes of war, invasion, imperialism and academic research with avant-garde art theory, sound art and imposed sound installations (though, not necessarily in that order!)
Following its updated incarnation as a 40-minute multidisciplinary performance that debuted to great acclaim this past June at the Montreal Fringe Festival, 4’33” IN BAGHDAD is now set to entice (and entrap!) Toronto audiences ahead of its publication in the Canadian Theatre Review.
- 4’33” in Baghdad plays at the Factory Theatre Mainspace. (125 Bathurst St.)
- Tickets are $13, including a $2 service charge. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes and discounts for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Festival Box Office at Scadding Court (707 Dundas St. W.), and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Content Warning: Gunshots.
- This venue is wheelchair-accessible through a secondary route.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Friday July 6th, 3:15 pm
- Saturday July 7th, 7:30 pm
- Sunday July 8th, 10:30 pm
- Tuesday July 10th, 1:15 pm
- Wednesday July 11th, 9:45 pm
- Friday July 13th, 5:45 pm
- Sunday July 15th, 3:30 pm