Mooney on Theatre is looking for folks to review Toronto Fringe Festival shows, which run from July 6 to 17.
Requirements for the position:
- Able to attend at least 10 shows during the Fringe Festival (you can spread this through the whole festival, or you can do it in 3 days, it’s up to you how you want to check it out)
- A strong writer, who can provide comments in a positive/constructive manner – the ability to express what you like and don’t like while acknowledging it is your opinion, and not an absolute
- Able to work with blog publishing software (either a quick learner, or someone with experience – it’s not very complicated)
- Ability to work independently and turn information around very quickly
- Access to a computer to work from (we don’t have an office)
What you DON’T need:
- To have been published previously
- Theatre experience or knowledge (I’ve always said my dream writer is someone who hasn’t seen a play since high school)
The positions are unpaid. Each writer will receive one free ticket to the show they are reviewing .
If you are interested, please forward a writing sample to email@example.com by end of day Sunday June 18. The sample should be between 250 and 400 words, and if possible be in a review format (the last play or movie you saw, or heck, an episode of some tv show).
I look forward to hearing from you, as soon as possible.