Okay, we’ve made it through the first weekend of 2011 Toronto Fringe Festival! If you missed getting out to see a show this past weekend I’m sure you’ll want to take advantage of the thinner mid-week crowds before the mad rush of the second weekend. And, what better way to see a show than for free? In today’s edition we will be giving away tickets to the Tuesday July 12 performances of three shows.
The shows are:
Hushabye – To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets to the 1:00pm show at Factory Studio Theatre (Venue 13) please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Hushabye contest” by 7pm on Monday, July 11, 2011.
Sex, Religion & Other Hang-ups – To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets to the 1:30pm show at The Theatre Passe Muraille Back Space (Venue 11) please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Sex, Religion & Other Hang-ups contest” by 7pm on Monday, July 11, 2011.
VISA CALLED THIS MORNING – To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets to the 8:30pm show at the Theatre Passe Muraille Backspace (Venue 11) please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “VISA CALLED THIS MORNING contest” by 7pm on Monday, July 11, 2011.
ShLong Form Improv – To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets to the 10:45pm show at the Robert Gill Theatre (Venue 9) please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “ShLong Form Improv contest” by 7pm on Monday, July 11, 2011.
See below for details on each show, how the contest works:
From the press release: Mary, a troubled university student, starts a relationship with her university mathematics professor while she searches her dreams for an old friend and answers to formulas in her life that just don’t add up. Hushabye is a story of dreams, reality and facing ones past.
The piece plays at Factory Studio Theatre – July 7 – 8:45 pm, July 8 – 1:30 pm, July 9 – 6:00 pm, July 10 – noon, July 12 – 1:00 pm, July 14 – 7:45 pm, July 16 – 5:15pm
From the press release: In Sex, Religion & Other Hang-ups, Gangl tackles the first time he recognized patterns surrounding his sexuality, his staunch Catholic belief system, and the obstacles that come in the pursuit of a f*!k-able best friend.
The piece plays at Theatre Passe Muraille Backspace, 16 Ryerson Avenue (East of Bathurst, North of Queen). Performances: Fri July 8, 6:30PM; Sat July 9th, 3:15PM; Sun July 10th, 6:15PM; Mon July11th, 11:00PM; Tues July 12th, 1:30PM; Wed July 13th, 10:00PM; Fri July 15th, 7:00PM; Sun July 17th, 2:15PM
From the press release: Visa Called this Morning takes a humorous look at the relationships we all have with money. Whether you’re rich, broke or just scraping by, problems still arise.
The piece plays at Theatre Passe Muraille Backspace ∙16 Ryerson Avenue . Performances: Wednesday July 6th 10pm, Friday July 8th 4:45pm, Saturday July 9th 6:45, Monday July 11th 5:45pm, Tuesday July 12th 8:30 pm, Wednesday July 13th 3pm, Thursday July 14th 9:45pm, Sunday July 17th 4pm
From the press release: Seoul, Korea’s most hilarious ex-pats perform a delightful mix of SHort and LONG form improv comedy! The audience randomly selects two short form games – favorites from ‘Whose Line is it Anyway?’ – such as New Choice, Foreign Film Dub, Asides, Sound Effects, and more!
The piece plays at Robert Gill Theatre, 214 College St., 3rd Floor (St. George St. Entrance). Performances: July 6 (Wed) 7:00pm, July 8 (Fri) 1:45pm, July 9 (Sat) 5:45pm, July 12 (Tues) 10:45pm, July 14 (Thurs) 5:15pm, July 15 (Fri) 8:00pm, July 16 (Sat) 12:00pm
(these will remain the same for each Fringe contest, so take the time to read the list once and you’ll be set)
- The only acceptable form of entry for the contest is by email, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (Mooney on Theatre will never use your email address for anything other than to reply to the specific contest you entered, and we certainly would never sell it or anything like that)
- Each show counts as its own contest, and each entry must be in a separate email. So, if 5 shows are giving tickets away on a given day, and you want to try for each of them, then you need to send 5 emails.
- Entrants must be available on the day and time listed in the contest. The tickets are available for that showing only, and cannot be transferred to another date.
- The winning entrants will be chosen by a random drawing.
- Winners will be notified by email by 9pm on the day of contest closing and need to confirm their attendance 10am AT THE LATEST the following morning so that their names can be given to the theatre company for tickets to be set aside.
- Photo I.D. may be required to claim the winning tickets.
- Tickets must be picked up 60 to 30 minutes before show time at the venue box office. The box office reserves the right to release any tickets not picked up 15 minutes before show time.
- We ask that all winners provide us with a quick blurb on what they thought of the show, either in the comments section of the press release on Mooney on Theatre, or if it has already been reviewed by Mooney on Theatre in the comments section of that.