Mooney on Theatre is giving away two tickets to The Third Annual Shakespeare Challenge, the upcoming gala fundraiser for Shakespeare in Action at Arts and Letters Club (14 Elm Street) on Wednesday May 21, 2014 at 7 pm.
To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line “The Shakespeare Challenge” by 12 pm noon on Monday May 19, 2014.
See below for details about the gala and how the contest works.
Shakespeare in Action is a professional, not-for-profit theatre company dedicated to introducing Shakespeare to young audiences. For the past two years, community members from the corporate sector fearlessly took to the stage in productions of William Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream and The Tempest to raise funds for Shakespeare In Action’s subsidized ticket program. The generosity from patrons help to foster literacy, enhance creativity and promote speech arts in neighborhoods where it matters most.
Eight courageous non-actors from the professional world have been recruited to take the stage in an abridged version of Twelfth Night, directed by renowned Artistic Director, Michael Kelly.
The fundraising gala will be hosted by comedian Lars Classington and will feature
- An abridged version of Twelfth Night
- Food, drink and live music following the show
- A live and silent auction of fabulous items and packages (including a round-trip stay in Montreal, and an ultimate foodie’s dream package!)
- The chance to give students in priority neighborhoods across Toronto access to the arts through the subsidized ticket program
The Third Annual Shakespeare Challenge fundraiser gala will be held on May 21, 2014 beginning at 7 pm and will be located at Arts and Letters Club (14 Elm Street).
Tickets for the gala are $75 (+ $5 handling fee) and can be purchased via EventBrite.
- The only acceptable form of entry for the contest is by email, sent to email@example.com (Mooney on Theatre will never use your email address for anything other than to reply to the specific contest you entered, and we certainly would never sell it or anything like that)
- Entrants must be available on the day and time listed in the contest. The tickets are available for that showing only, and cannot be transferred to another date.
- The winning entrants will be chosen by a random drawing.
- Photo I.D. may be required to claim the winning tickets.
- Tickets must be picked up 60 to 30 minutes before show time at the venue box office. The box office reserves the right to release any tickets not picked up 15 minutes before show time.