Fractals is joyful and shamelessly honest storytelling, straight from the heart
From press release:
Tales to Boot Productions debuts its inaugural production of Fractals, at this years’ Toronto Fringe Festival.
Fractals marks Krista White’s long awaited return to the Toronto Fringe Festival after focusing on other creative projects as a singer/songwriter, a voice over and film actor and now, not only as the solo performing artist but also as the playwright.
In this creatively crafted Toronto Fringe Festival show, Fractals, moments of self-realization, fragility and strength are revealed through storytelling, and song. What moments define us? Who do we really think we are? Stories about writers block, growing up queer, loneliness and our underestimated interconnectedness with nature and with one another is examined in each piece through a variety of characters.
Krista White grew up on the east coast of Canada, specifically Saint John, New Brunswick surrounded by beautiful elements of nature, the ocean, the river, the highest tides in the world, beaches, forests…these elements almost always enshrouded in fog. Her life experiences and who she truly is deep at her core, compliments her natural ability to story tell. Krista vividly embodies multiple characters, building intimate and authentic experiences for her audience, as she reveals how they are entwined. “Krista writes from her heart”, says director Christopher Sawchyn, “her shamelessly honest feelings and breath-taking poetry melt onto the page. She’s making my job fun and playful!”
Fractals is a gift of stories inspired by growing up on Canada’s east coast. It’s a journey of self-discovery and defining the human spirit one moment at a time. It is a must see show for all those who appreciate that we all have stories to tell.
- Fractals plays at the Theatre Passe Muraille Backspace. (16 Ryerson Ave)
- Tickets are $10 at the door, $12 in advance. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Fringe Club at Honest Ed’s Alley, and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Content Warning: Mature Language.
- This venue is NOT wheelchair-accessible.
- Thursday June 30th, 06:00 pm
- Saturday July 2nd, 01:30 pm
- Monday July 4th, 05:45 pm
- Tuesday July 5th, 08:30 pm
- Thursday July 7th, 02:45 pm
- Friday July 8th, 10:30 pm
- Saturday July 9th, 06:15 pm
- Sunday July 10th, 04:00 pm