From Press Release
When a mother tries to reconnect with her teenage daughter while browsing at a vintage record store, her adolescent musical memories prompt her to revisit her complicated relationship with her own mother. Set in an actual record store (Annex vinyl mecca Kops Records), and performed by an actual mother/daughter acting duo (Shari Hollett and Lucy Earle), for the record is a new site-specific comedy that explores the fraught relationship between mothers and daughters – with a soundtrack of classic vinyl from the 60’s and 70’s. It’s a funny, heartfelt look at the most primal of human relationships – underscored by the most universal of human art forms: pop music.
For the record is written by veteran writer-performer Shari Hollett (Big Head Goes to Bed, Expectation, The Second City), directed by Chris Earle (The Hotline Always Blings Twice, The Second City Guide to the Symphony), and also features Lucy Earle (Schitts Creek, Etobicoke School of the Arts).
Produced by the night kitchen. www.nightkitchentheatre.ca
- for the record plays at Kops Records. (592 Bloor St. W.)
- Tickets are $10 at the door, $12 in advance. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Fringe Club at Honest Ed’s Alley, and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Content Warning: Mature Language.
- Thursday June 30th, 09:00 pm
- Friday July 1st, 09:00 pm
- Saturday July 2nd, 09:00 pm
- Sunday July 3rd, 07:00 pm
- Tuesday July 5th, 09:00 pm
- Wednesday July 6th, 09:00 pm
- Thursday July 7th, 09:00 pm
- Friday July 8th, 09:00 pm
- Saturday July 9th, 09:00 pm
- Sunday July 10th, 07:00 pm