“To Jane with Love tells the tale of a recovering alcoholic struggling with a painful past.”
From press release:
Promise Productions is excited to present To Jane with Love as part of the 27th annual Toronto Fringe Festival, June 29th – July 10th, 2016. The Fringe Festival is Toronto’s largest theatre and performance festival— with more than 155 productions featured at over 30 venues across the west end of Toronto, drawing more than 90,000 people over 12 days each year. There is something for everyone, with musicals, comedies, family programming, drama, dance, improv and anything else you can imagine on offer. “Having my play as part of The Fringe Festival is both honouring and fulfilling. I just want the message delivered far and wide,” says Deon Denton, writer and director of To Jane with Love.
The play comes on the heels of Promise Productions’ artistic offering, No Visible Scars, to the New York International Fringe Festival. To Jane with Love tells the tale of a recovering alcoholic struggling with a painful past. Henry is a middle-aged College Professor living a quiet and happy life with his wife Jane. He is about to make tenure and could not wish for more when a life altering event changes his path. Locked in a cycle of hopelessness and delusions, Henry’s new neighbours test his limits of neighbourly love and friendship. Soon he is forced to confront his past and reconcile with his present, in this gripping drama about finding courage and forgiveness to move on after a painful loss.
- Thursday June 30th, 10:30 pm
- Friday July 1st, 08:15 pm
- Sunday July 3rd, 05:00 pm
- Monday July 4th, 01:00 pm
- Thursday July 7th, 05:45 pm
- Friday July 8th, 08:00 pm
- Sunday July 10th, 02:15 pm
Venue: Al Green Theatre (750 Spadina Ave)
- Tickets for all Fringe productions are $10, $12 in advance. Tickets can be purchased online, by phone (416-966-1062, business hours only), in-person from the festival box office located in the parking lot behind Honest Ed’s, (581 Bloor West), or — if any remain — from the venue box office (cash-only), starting one hour before showtime.
- The festival offers a range of money-saving passes for committed Fringers; see website for details.
- Be advised that Fringe shows always start exactly on time, and latecomers are never admitted.
Photo provided by the company.