Excerpt from Press Release:
A Cancer diagnosis is terrifying and – let’s face it – it’s also totally inconvenient when you’re young(ish) and trying to make your mark on the world. Cancer puts Ada’s life on hold, but ultimately teaches her about letting go and what to truly hold onto. Enter a hot doctor, bedside manner fantasies and a half-dozen healthcare professionals who all helped save the day….
Ada Balon brings us on her journey through kidney cancer from diagnosis to treatment to recovery and, ultimately self discovery. Through an entertaining mix of storytelling, music, character work and movement, Singing to My Left Kidney sheds light on the experience of navigating the healthcare system and brings to life the colourful characters who unwittingly helped Ada find the humour in her tumour.
- Singing to My Left Kidney plays at the Annex Theatre. (736 Bathurst St.)
- Tickets are $12. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Fringe Club at Scadding Court, and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Content Warnings: Sexual Content, Fog, Mist or Haze Effects, Smoking, Audience Participation, Nudity, Mature Language.
- This venue is wheelchair-accessible through a secondary route which requires a staff escort. Check in at the box office at least 20 minutes prior to showtime.
- Thursday July 6th, 06:30 pm
- Saturday July 8th, 12:00 pm
- Monday July 10th, 06:15 pm
- Tuesday July 11th, 04:00 pm
- Thursday July 13th, 11:00 pm
- Friday July 14th, 01:45 pm
- Sunday July 16th, 05:45 pm
Photo of creator/performer Ada Balon. Photographer: Pip Dwyer.