From the press release:
Toronto, Ontario – Opening July 7, as a part of the Toronto Kid’s Fringe Festival, Jump Star is pleased to present Nithy, Ace Detective: a show that celebrates creativity, imagination and unexpected friendships, all while dealing with a profound loss in the family.
Nithy is on a roll. As writer of mysteries with an endless imagination and a special hat, she is going to take the literary world by storm. Well, some day. She is only a kid after all, and not very good at endings. Just when it seems like nothing can go wrong, everything does. A loss in the family sends her world crashing down, and Nithy is left with a puzzle she can’t solve. With the help of a few well-meaning weirdos, Nithy learns that endings aren’t the important bits. It’s the stuff in between that counts.
Nithy, Ace Detective is written by wife-husband duo, Arlin Dixon and Matthew Gorman. Usually found in separate corners of the room, typing away on their computers with music blaring through their headphones, Arlin and Matt decided to look up from their individual projects, and collaborate. And you know what? It was pretty fun. The character of Nithy was inspired by a young girl they saw two summers ago whose confidence they have never forgotten.
- Nithy, Ace Detective plays at the George Ignatieff Theatre. (15 Devonshire Pl.)
- Tickets for Kidsfest shows are $5 for kids (age 12 and younger); adults pay $12.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Fringe Club at Scadding Court, and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- The George Ignatieff Theatre is wheelchair-accessible, and has wide aisles for easy mid-show exits.
- Don’t miss the Kidsfest club located on the lawn adjacent to the venue! Free activities for children (3-12) and caregivers run every day of the festival: see website for details.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- July 7th, 10:30 am
- July 9th, 01:30 pm
- July 10th, 03:00 pm
- July 12th, 11:45 am
- July 13th, 01:15 pm
- July 14th, 01:15 pm
- July 15th, 04:45 pm
Photo provided by company