From press release
Julia Child meets Roxie Hart in this zany solo show about a career-obsessed cooking show host. It’s 1983, and fading star chef Georgia Peach needs to dazzle her new producers. Nothing will stop her comeback – except, perhaps, for the budding young talent living under her roof. Described by Montreal’s Bloody Underrated as “a real diamond in the rough” For the Love of Pie is a dark and funny story that follows an unconventional family in their quest for fame, love, and the perfect recipe.
- Wednesday July 5th, 10:00 pm
- Saturday July 8th, 01:30 pm
- Sunday July 9th, 08:00 pm
- Tuesday July 11th, 03:15 pm
- Wednesday July 12th, 04:45 pm
- Thursday July 13th, 08:00 pm
- Saturday July 15th, 09:45 pm
- Sunday July 16th, 02:15 pm
- FOR THE LOVE OF PIE plays at the Tarragon Solo Room. (30 Bridgman Ave.)
- Tickets are $12. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Fringe Club at Scadding Court, and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- This venue is wheelchair-accessible through a secondary route. Check in at the venue box office at least 15 minutes before showtime, and a staff member will escort you to the venue. Accessible seating is in the front row.
Photo of Melissa Paulson by Daniel Esteban