From press release
The Resurrectionists is an original dark comedy about Ontarian life in 1884. Before the western world began to enact versions of The Anatomy Act, the surge of people learning to practice medicine, and a lack of access to human cadavers, birthed a new class of criminal, grave robbers. Because stealing bodies out of their grave and selling them to medical schools happened. Like, a lot. And now we’ve made a show about it. The Resurrectionists is about two first-time grave robbers, Oliver and James, as their first attempts at being criminals’ spirals wildly out of their control. In their efforts to sell a body, they’ll run afoul of a criminal, a mastermind, their own morals, and of each other.The Resurrectionists challenges ethical preconceptions of what it means to be dead or alive, and the blurry area in which people are neither the “good guy” or the “bad guy”.
- Wednesday July 5th, 06:30 pm
- Thursday July 6th, 08:45 pm
- Saturday July 8th, 01:45 pm
- Monday July 10th, 08:15 pm
- Wednesday July 12th, 12:00 pm
- Friday July 14th, 09:15 pm
- Saturday July 15th, 01:45 pm
- The Resurrectionists plays at the Randolph Theatre. (736 Bathurst St.)
- Tickets are $12. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Fringe Club at Scadding Court, and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Content Warnings: Gunshots, Realistic Violence or Gore, Mature Language.
- This venue is wheelchair-accessible through a secondary route. We recommend checking in with the venue box office at least 20 minutes before showtime.
Show poster design by Rick Jacobson of Deadcat Design