From Press Release
From the winner of Best Short Film (NYC Indie Film Awards, LA Shorts Awards, Mindfield LA Film Festival), Valentyn Korotkevych and Tragical Fun Productions is proud to present an original play: CONTAGIOUS. A story with dance about two strangers, with nothing in common…until they see each other for who they really are.
Adam has his future planned out for him by his family, but he is struggling. Adam has never admitted to anyone what his true passion in life is. We meet Martha, who works day to day as a bank teller trying to keep a smile on her face. But she is unhappy; working for the man and feels it is too late for her to start again. Contagious is a story of unlikely mentors, dreams, and overcoming fear. Will Adam and Martha ever find their true purpose in life?
Amanda Nuttall (Choreographer: Talk is Free Theatre, Hart House Theatre, Randolph Academy) was the apprentice choreographer for Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre’s Bittergirl: The Musical. Director Paige Foskett is critically acclaimed for her work in New Ideas Festival and InspiraTO. Actor Jada Rifkin won the Back Doora Award for Best Female Performance at the Toronto Fringe Festival 2015. Stage Manager Madison Kalbhenn (App. Stage Manager: Factory Theatre, Capitol Theatre) was an intern stage manager for Wicked on Broadway, and recently completed her contract as production assistant for the Stratford Festival.
- Contagious plays at the Theatre Passe Muraille Mainspace. (16 Ryerson Ave.)
- Tickets are $12. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Fringe Club at Scadding Court, and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- This venue is wheelchair-accessible. Accessible seating is in the very front row.
- Friday July 7th, 05:45 pm
- Sunday July 9th, 08:45 pm
- Monday July 10th, 01:00 pm
- Wednesday July 12th, 07:30 pm
- Thursday July 13th, 10:30 pm
- Friday July 14th, 03:30 pm
- Sunday July 16th, 04:30 pm
Photo of Jada Rifkin by David Leyes