From press release:
La Fille Du Laitier, a Montreal-based theatre delivery service,
brings you their twist on a Shakespeare classic, MACBETH
MUET: an entirely textless reimagination of this bloody tale
This play is directed by Jon Lachlan Stewart, creator of the Nextstage 2015 hit BIG SHOT.
After winning a great battle, Macbeth is given a vision by three
witches that he will be king. Classic. Soon, his wife gets involved,
pushing the once-loyal soldier to pursue what becomes a barren
dream with a giant trail of blood behind it.
In La Fille Du Laitier‘s interpretation of Macbeth, the entire play
is set on a huge dining table, where paper plates,
candlesticks and chalices become murderers, kings and
magical witches. In a virtuosic, spartan-run of the entire play,
the stage becomes a hot mess, laden with blood, paper scraps and
eggs. Yes, eggs.
- Macbeth Muet plays at the Tarragon Mainspace. (30 Bridgman Ave.)
- Tickets are $12. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Fringe Club at Scadding Court, and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- This venue is barrier-free. The designated accessible seating is in the middle of the auditorium.
- Thursday July 6th, 06:30 pm
- Saturday July 8th, 07:00 pm
- Sunday July 9th, 10:30 pm
- Tuesday July 11th, 01:15 pm
- Thursday July 13th, 09:45 pm
- Friday July 14th, 02:30 pm
- Saturday July 15th, 12:30 pm
Photo of Jérémie Francoeur by Stéphanie Godin.