Excerpt from Press Release:
Moonlight After Midnight is a romantic mystery that beguiles audiences with the simple story of a woman and a man accidentally meeting in a hotel room. Though as the story shifts and fractures, the dramatic possibilities multiply, culminating in a heart-rending twist.
In the summer of 2010, Vanessa Quesnelle and Martin Dockery met at a theatre festival in London, Ontario, had a fringe romance, and within weeks decided to tour a two-person play across the country the following year. What could have been a four-month disastrous tour proved to be the groundwork for their courtship and Concrete Drops Theatre was born. Today, they are married and continue to create and tour their work together.
Concrete Drops Theatre has toured five plays to fringe festivals across Australia and North America. Moonlight After Midnight has been awarded the Weekly Award – Best Theatre at the Adelaide Australia Fringe, Best Theatre of Adelaide Fringe – The Advertiser newspaper, Critics Pick Best Show at Cincinnati Fringe, Critics Pick Best Show at Orlando Fringe, Runner-Up Critics Pick at Vancouver Fringe Festival, Best Original Work at Ottawa Fringe Festival.
- Moonlight After Midnight plays at the Tarragon Mainspace. (30 Bridgman Ave.)
- Tickets are $12. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Fringe Club at Scadding Court, and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- This venue is barrier-free. The designated accessible seating is in the middle of the auditorium.
- Friday July 7th, 07:00 pm
- Saturday July 8th, 12:00 pm
- Sunday July 9th, 04:45 pm
- Monday July 10th, 06:45 pm
- Wednesday July 12th, 10:30 pm
- Friday July 14th, 06:00 pm
- Saturday July 15th, 02:15 pm
Photo of Vanessa Quesnelle and Martin Dockery by Will O’Hare.