Excerpt from press release:
Robin Henderson, creator of the Best of Fringe hit Dance Animal, is thrilled to be returning to the Toronto Fringe Festival with Pineapple Club, from July 7th-16th, 2017at the Factory Theatre Mainspace. The opening performance is on Friday July 7th at 3:15pm. Then Sat July 8th at 7:30pm; Mon July 10th at 9:00pm; Tues July 11th at 1:15pm; Wed July 12th at 11:30pm; Fri July 14th at 7:30pm; Sun July 16th at 12:00pm. Media is welcome at all performances.
One part comedic dance, one part sketch, one part social commentary, Pineapple Club provides a joyful, yet dark take on the emotional fallout of 2016. Loosely anchored in the five stages of grief and borrowing from the catalogues of artists who passed in 2016, Henderson blends the diverse talents of Paul Barnes, Jonathan Shaboo and Pascale Yensen. The Pineapple Club is a blazing mash-up of comedic dance, sketch comedy, puppetry, and music.
Welcome to the Pineapple Club. Come for the comedy. Stay for the calamity.
- Pineapple Club plays at the Factory Mainspace. (125 Bathurst St.)
- Tickets are $12. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Fringe Club at Scadding Court, and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Content Warnings: Audience Participation, Mature Language.
- This venue is wheelchair-accessible through a secondary route.
- Friday July 7th, 03:15 pm
- Saturday July 8th, 07:30 pm
- Monday July 10th, 09:00 pm
- Tuesday July 11th, 01:15 pm
- Wednesday July 12th, 11:30 pm
- Friday July 14th, 07:30 pm
- Sunday July 16th, 12:00 pm