Excerpt from press release:
What happens when we stop valuing artists? A shy young girl who feels lost in the world discovers a magical secret that
reveals her true purpose in life. As Alex sets out on a quest to stand up to the evil King and bring freedom back to all the
artists in the land she realizes the true power of her voice and value of her creativity.
Alex The Artist aims to inspire and remind the younger generation that everyone has a voice and the potential to
change the world: Empathy and creativity trump hate and fear every single time.
- ALEX THE ARTIST plays at the George Ignatieff Theatre. (15 Devonshire Pl.)
- Tickets for Kidsfest shows are $5 for kids (age 12 and younger); adults pay $12.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Fringe Club at Scadding Court, and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- The George Ignatieff Theatre is wheelchair-accessible, and has wide aisles for easy mid-show exits.
- Don’t miss the Kidsfest club located on the lawn adjacent to the venue! Free activities for children (3-12) and caregivers run every day of the festival: see website for details.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Wednesday July 5th, 02:30 pm
- Friday July 7th, 05:15 pm
- Saturday July 8th, 02:00 pm
- Tuesday July 11th, 11:30 am
- Wednesday July 12th, 10:00 am
- Friday July 14th, 03:00 pm
- Sunday July 16th, 10:00 am
Photo by Vince Genuardi.